Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mathias

KEY_AXIS_LEFT_BRAKE_SET AXIS_LEFT_BRAKE_SET

Guest ridgell

i want to make a mouse controlled brake system, can i use; ?i have used leftsingle+leave, leftsingle+rightsingle, but i have never strung them all together.alsoi have been looking at the SDK and see the command; KEY_BRAKES_LEFT to increment the brakesbut i do not see a deincrement brakes. did i just overlook it?i found;KEY_AXIS_LEFT_BRAKE_SET AXIS_LEFT_BRAKE_SETSets left brake position from axis controller (e.g. joystick). -16383 (0 brakes) to +16383 (max brakes) can i use this with a mouse or mouse wheel? the sdk says joystick.appreciate any help. my rudders went belly up, i live in the mexican jungle...monkeys i got, parrots i got, lukey to have electricity and internet. with no mail service new pots or replacement rudders are out of reach.

""can i use this with a mouse or mouse wheel? the sdk saysjoystick.""Yes, no problem...But beware if you use the Axis-Brake events in a gauge !!.The problem is that if FS2004 detects that proportional brakes are used, either from toebrake pedals or controlled from a gauge, it DISABLES the non-proportinal brake commands, meaning that normal brake events (generates with default keys ".", "F11" and "F12" no longer work. !!Which of course is no problem when you use toebrake pedals yourself.Or use a registered FSUIPC with toebrake calibration enabled (FSUIPC still uses it's own mechanism to simulate "proportional" brakes)Rob

Guest Mathias

>i want to make a mouse controlled brake system, >can i use;>>?>i have used leftsingle+leave, leftsingle+rightsingle, but i>have never strung them all together.Try it and see if all those click kinds work together :)>also>i have been looking at the SDK >and see the command; KEY_BRAKES_LEFT to increment the brakes>but i do not see a deincrement brakes. did i just overlook>it?KEY_BRAKES_LEFT simply builds up brake pressure at a pre-determined rate (I have no clue what sets that rate, probably in the air file as usual) as long as it is fired, and if you stop firing this key event the brake pressure will drop again at a pre-determined rate down to 0.If I am not greatly mistaken...>appreciate any help. my rudders went belly up, i live in the>mexican jungle...monkeys i got, parrots i got, lukey to have>electricity and internet. with no mail service new pots or>replacement rudders are out of reach.Is just a certain part of the pot travel not working anymore or has a bug crept into the pot housing and died of fright? If it is the former it may well be possible to use a different part of the pot travel as they usually have some 270

>i found;>KEY_AXIS_LEFT_BRAKE_SET AXIS_LEFT_BRAKE_SET>Sets left brake position from axis controller (e.g. joystick).> -16383 (0 brakes) to +16383 (max brakes) >>can i use this with a mouse or mouse wheel? the sdk says>joystick.>Hi,If you want to fire the event by code, it is better to use, for example, LEFT_BRAKE_SET instead of the AXIS_ version. Use this last one for monitoring joystick or input devices that have "axis". Each time AXIS_XXX_SET is fired either by a device or by code, the XXXX_SET is fired afterwards, so you save one cycle if you fire the XXX_SET directly. Besides, ANY event related with, in this case, setting the brakes, commanded by a device or a key, ends in a _SET event. Therefore the convenience to control it in a direct way.Tom

Guest ridgell

hmm thats food for thought.ill try and mess around with the pot and see if there it has some salvageable ( that word looks funny written) range left. i tried to fix it with calibration but could not get it in range. its a thrustmaster, kind of junky compared to the rest of my couger stuff. i was working with brakes because i found the rudder/nose wheel to squirley with keyboard commands...since i posted this, i wrote up a routine and found out the brakes are just as squirley in fs9. i always up to try a new gauge toy. post it and ill give it a shot!and who knows whats inside the thing...law of the jungle, never stick your finger in a hole, never open anything thats been closed a long time unless you are in a 3 point stance and ready to run! especially if it has been sitting on the ground.

Guest Mathias

>ill try and mess around with the pot and see if there it has>some salvageable ( that word looks funny written) range left.Good luck to your endeavours! My RCS is working like a charm since I turned that pot axis some 2 years ago and recalibrated.>i always up to try a new gauge toy. post it and ill give it a>shot!OK, I'll try to make a standalone version of my current version of the automatic toebrakes gauge. It is currently part of quite a large multigauge...>and who knows whats inside the thing...law of the jungle,>never stick your finger in a hole, never open anything thats>been closed a long time unless you are in a 3 point stance and>ready to run! especially if it has been sitting on the>ground.Great words of jungle wisdom and quite true in my experience also :)

Guest Mathias

ridgell, I have a standalone version of my automatic toebrakes gauge activated either by rudder pedal or aileron input set up and working now. If you are interested to try it please email me atdornier1286ataoldotcom(as usual replacing "at" and "dot" with their plain text counterparts) so I can send it to you with some instructions. It works gerat on my Dornier 128-6 taildragger, works so-so for the default DC3 (very weak brakes on that) and the Extra 300 (extremely twitchy bird).

Guest Mathias

>If you want to fire the event by code, it is better to use,>for example, LEFT_BRAKE_SET instead of the AXIS_ version. Use>this last one for monitoring joystick or input devices that>have "axis". Each time AXIS_XXX_SET is fired either by a>device or by code, the XXXX_SET is fired afterwards, so you>save one cycle if you fire the XXX_SET directly. Besides, ANY>event related with, in this case, setting the brakes,>commanded by a device or a key, ends in a _SET event.>Therefore the convenience to control it in a direct way.>>TomTom, I assume you meant KEY_BRAKES_LEFT? This commands full brake power to be applied. I am working proportionally here, i.e. I am setting a specific brake value, not "pedal to the metal".I am working in C++ here too, so I should abide by what the fs9gauges.h defines, and there is no command calledKEY_LEFT_BRAKE_SET nor just LEFT_BRAKE_SETin there. Any clarifciation please?