Sign in to follow this  
ddawson

gauge failure

Guest archtx

Is there a way to "fail" the gps gauge, so that it isn't available during an adventure? Thanks.

Guest ridgell

there are many solutions to stopping use of the GPS.1. just do not pull up the gps window2. if it is a gauge within a panel you could remove it from the panel config file. to avoid an ungly hole in your panel you could make a simple non working gps gauge. the picture is there but no gps function. you would then alter the panel config file; [Window02]size_mm=456,378window_size=0.5position=8BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0VISIBLE=0ident=GPS_PANELgauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0to read gauge00=gps_fake, 0,0easier still is to add this line to the panel config in the window containing the gps. nomenu=1 this command will deny access to the gauge with the keyboard shift+number keys. it is easy to remove the line should you want to have access at a later time.you could get creative and add (L:hidegps, bool)to the top of the gauge file, then add to the end of the GPS gauge program, just ahead of the section.then make a gauge to toggle the L:hidegps variable state.the methods are almost endless.or add pick a system you do know how to fail and put its variable name here on the top of the gps gauge file.willing to bet if you tell us what you want someone here knows how to get it done....their are folks here that solve problems the rest of us never even contimplated.

Guest archtx

Hi Ridgell:Thanks for the response. I was thinking more along the lines of how you set a radio failure. It's for a flight sim adventure, so I would like that when someone starts up the adventure the gps is not available for use. There are options for setting all kinds of failures, but I dont see the gps as one of them. If I set it by altering the aircraft.cfg, I don't think it would work if they decided to fly the adventure in a different aircraft. Any other ideas?

Well... This seems to shut the default GPS down quite nicely:zero = 0;FSUIPC_Write(0x6004, 4, &zero, &Result);FSUIPC_Process(&Result);OK, you were probably looking for a somewhat less technical answer! That I don't have.:-roll However, if you have some kind of program running that will monitor progress during the adventure, then a simple FSUIPC write, on a periodic basis, will keep the GPS out of service.Doug