Sign in to follow this  
ddawson

Weird issue with Day of Month/Day of Week Variables

Hi,I'm having a weird problem. Perhaps someone might have some insight:I'm returning as a string the two variables below from the MS SDK:DAY_OF_MONTH CURRENT_MONTH Everything works fine when I'm in the US or the UK or France. Day and Month are correct.HOWEVER, if I'm in Italy or Greece, the returned values are not correct.The code is dead simple. I'm just returning the two variables.I know MS has a prob with Timezones, so I used FS Real Time, but no change.Any ideas, or does MS just have a problem with Southern European countries?Thanks,Bryan

You're not dreaming. Date appears to be out by 46 days for several airports in that area - you might want to present the option of working with the system date, rather than the FS date. This of course assumes that there is some rhyme or reason to the area affected...http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....t_localtime.aspDoug

Guest JeanLuc_

I would suggest you also send a note to tellfs@microsoft.com in case this could be corrected in a next version, it'll be better they know about this.

Can somebody post some repro steps to see this problem, or at least the ICAO codes for some airports where this problem can be seen? Do you go into the Time and Season dialog and set the correct date there, then switch to some airport and its off, or ...?That 46 days off seems like an odd value, except that its roughly equiv to 65536 minutes ((65536 / 60) / 24) = 45.5111111.Tim

Some airports where the problem can be noted:LIML, LATI, LQSA, LWSK, LGAV, LFMN, LICZDespite its proximity to LICZ (southern Italy), LMML (Malta) shows the correct date.The variables in question are the C variables only. I tested these ones with a C gauge:DAY_OF_MONTH and CURRENT_MONTH.I also checked these two, along with CURRENT_YEAR and DAY_OF_WEEK using Pete Dowson's FSLOOK utility. FSLOOK reports the incorrect values for all four variables.The variables for Zulu dates are OK, as are the related XML based P:variables.Doug

Tim,Whatever it is they're paying you, its not nearly enough!65536 minutes translates to 45 days, 12 hours, 16 minutes.Ran this test at LIBG. Set the date to 1/1/2005. Set the local time to 12:15:59. C gauge variables reported month as 11, and day as 16. FSLOOK confirmed these values and additionally reported the local year as 2004. When time is incremented to 12:16:00, the local date value changed to 17.Doug