Sign in to follow this  
UDflyer

flightdeck tours still allowed???

Guest gooper

Hi all, i have not flown on a commercial airliner since before 9/11 so I am wondering if ANY airlines allow in-flight tours of the flightdeck post 9/11 ...I am taking a Lufthansa a340-600 from toronto to Frankfurt this afternoon and would love at some pint to see the flightdeck...anyone know if this will be possible in the new era?

Guest Super 27

At the captain's discretion, they'll allow it during boarding or after the flight lands. Pretty much up until the aircraft door is closed or anytime after the flight.

Guest Mower

In the middle of the flight just run up to the flight deck door and bang on it as loud as you can. Works every time for me. :D

>In the middle of the flight just run up to the flight deck>door and bang on it as loud as you can. Works every time for>me. :DLOL!!!!!:-xxrotflmao Yeah, it's too bad, after 9/11 I'm reluctant to ask. Before it wasn't a problem, nowadays I feel like asking to see the flight deck would cause panic among the crew!!

>In the middle of the flight just run up to the flight deck>door and bang on it as loud as you can. Works every time for>me. :DI think the US Airways pilot might "unload" his weapon. :-bang

BobK

I flew back from Ireland a few weeks ago and told the flight attendant that I'm currently in college to become a pilot and that I just finished my Commercial Pilot's License (which is the truth), and she told me that she would talk to the captain right away. I got to go up for a brief tour and a picture and talked to the Captain about the industry, etc. It kinda reminds me why I love Delta so much. ;)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/189910.jpg