Sign in to follow this  
Rocky

Rudder and Nose Gear Link

I am working on a gauge that limits the nose gear movement, and even blocks it when the aircraft reaches a certain ground speed limit.I know how to do this, but the problem is that the nose gear is linked to the rudder, so (as far as I know) blocking the nose gear can only be done by blocking also the rudder.I would like to have the nose gear blocked and the rudder free of movement, just like in the real aircraft.Do you know how to do this?Thanks.Eric

Nose gear and rudder are linked straight in the aircraft model file. In this case it is not possible to move them independently.However, I wonder if any a/c developer could find a way to make individual animation of rudder and gear, via XML tags or something like that.Tom

Hi You might and I say might:) be able to fudge it with a mod to the airfile section 519The fist pic shows the rudder with no movement at 0(Y effectivness)and 0(X speed)then ramps up to 1(normal effectivness) at 5(X speed) then starts to fall of towards the end of the graph (this models compresson of the controls ect) but It also effets the visual model depending on the tag used for animating the ruddernow in pic 2 Ive uped the 0 (Y) and 0 (X)to 3 this makes the rudder 3 times as effective but also make the visual model rudder swing around like a newspaper in a wind storm,so with a bit of trial and eror you may be able to get a compromiseAs Ive said sometimes this works sometimes it duznt dont know weather its dependent of a number of airfile entries being present or a visual model animation(I know if the animations been keyframed it wont work)Chees Wozza http://members.optusnet.com.au/~au_mav/Clip1.jpghttp://members.optusnet.com.au/~au_mav/Clip2.jpg

The simplest way I can see to accomplish the goal has two requirements:1) The nosegear would be "keyframe animated" using a custom partname that is tied to a custom L:variable in the MakeMDL.parts.xml file.2) A "control gauge" (either C or XML) that would control the animation's response based on the criteria you've listed above.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for your help guys. I will see what I can do with this information, I'm sure I will get it to work.Eric