Sign in to follow this  
Guest ridgell

dsd_fuel_dump.gau more questions

Guest ridgell

couple of givens...its a great gauge! using to simulate augmentation fuel burn, and with out learning the airfile i don't know that i could have done it any other way. other given...im a hopeless OCD and have been thinking, with all tanks selected the gauge is reality, but if you set the fuel selector to a particular tank, then i have the dump from only that tank. that means with 6 tanks the fuel tank selector lets me cheat the burner consumption by 83%. is there a way to make the percent dump dynamic? like lvaring the amount in the ini ( dont know squat about ini )can i use more then one dump gauge?( change the lvars so no conflict) then use a differnt dump gauge dependent on the fuel tank selectionnever seen the guts of a 'c' gauge. does changing the name of the .gau make it different or does it have an internalized name in the code?any other ideas ?

Did you get a chance to download the version I posted here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=24614&page=The dump rate for each tank can be changed dynamically, using these L:Vars:L:RATE_TANK_MAIN_RIGHTL:RATE_TANK_MAIN_LEFTL:RATE_TANK_AUX_RIGHTL:RATE_TANK_AUX_LEFTL:RATE_TANK_TIP_RIGHTL:RATE_TANK_TIP_LEFTL:RATE_TANK_CENTERL:RATE_TANK_CENTER2L:RATE_TANK_CENTER3L:RATE_TANK_EXTERNAL1L:RATE_TANK_EXTERNAL2As to loading more than one copy of the gauge, I've never tried that. Given the above, I'm not sure that there's any real reason to do so.Doug

Guest ridgell

i believe that is the version i am using, i looked through my files and i cant find the original zip and the instructions. i feel really bad considering all the couching it took to get me clued in. the link is not 'hot' anymore or i would get it, and know for sure. the ini im useing says nothing about dynamic Lvars, [Rates]TankMainRight=10.0TankMainLeft=10.0TankAuxRight=10.0TankAuxLeft=10.0TankTipRight=0TankTipLeft=0TankCenter=10.0TankCenter2=0TankCenter3=0TankExternal1=0TankExternal2=0do i need to delete this from the ini for dynamic rates, or do the Lvars supercede.i dont recall it from the instructions, but i was just trying to get it to work, and may have been blind to its complex funstions.i will try the Vars (>L:RATE_TANK_MAIN_RIGHT, NUMBER) and see if it works, and no, if the rate is dynamic that would handle any senerio i can cook up. thanks Doug!