Sign in to follow this  
Au MaV

Gauges communicating between two aircraft or via scenery object

Guest grimmy69

Hi!I was just wondering if anyone has considered if it is possible to create a gauge that tracks any aircraft within "radar" range of my aircraft and send a signal to a receiving gauge in that aircraft, if certain criteria is met (target being in the radar cone for a certain amount of time).The idea would be to create something similar to a radar lock which I believe would be possible, but also to be able to send a "your hit" message to the aircraft I am targeting. Perhaps it could be done by sending a signal to a scenery object, if I have had a lock on the target long enough. The signal could then initiate a transmission from the scenery object. Both aircraft could then monitor the transmission from the scenery object.I know it is possible to manipulate ground scenery using radio frequencies, for instance. Also, proximity to ground objects can initiate animations, so there is some interaction between the two.Just some ideas... Is it at all possible?/Roger

Guest grimmy69

I know it is quite common to have small unmanned airports that you can turn on the lights for using the VOR frequencies. So, I was thinking it might be possible to do something similar and finally make it possible to do dogfighting for training purposes in MSFS... ;)Also, LunarPilots have several different animations in the scenery that are triggered when you approach them. Some of these animations are quite complicated and depend on your position, speed and your ability to hold a position for a certain amount of time./Roger

Guest grimmy69

I just wanted to try again and see if anyone else has given this a thought... I know there is a lot of talent here and it would be fun to see if anyone manages to break this barrier within FS9! Quite a challenge, I believe.BUT, perhaps it is impossible? Any other opinions?Best,Roger

>I just wanted to try again and see if anyone else has given>this a thought... I know there is a lot of talent here and it>would be fun to see if anyone manages to break this barrier>within FS9! Quite a challenge, I believe.>>BUT, perhaps it is impossible? Any other opinions?At this point in time, I think it's unlikely. Next year about this same time it should be possible...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest grimmy69

But FS10 will only be available for Xbox, you know... ;)Seriously, almost everything seems to be possible with a little creative thinking and a nice crowbar. People have done such amazing things beyond the limits of what was believed to be possible with FS9. I just had some hopes that this might be another one of those loop holes and that the think tank in here would do a little brain storming. But, I guess we would already have seen it, if it was possible. Then again, people who fly MSFS aren't always interested in combat training...Still, thanks for taking the time! :D/Roger

HiMaybe have a look at actigate http://www.scenerydesign.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57the author is asking for input and Ideas,as its tracking individual aircraft in FS9 it maybe able to do what your asking with some modsAlso do a search in this message area for refueling there are some disscussions on air to air refueling which may give you some ideasWozza