Sign in to follow this  
Guest mitch19542004

GPS Map Plan Zoom

Guest mitch19542004

There is a statement in the Mapview section for the different zooms,592640 296320 148160 74080 37040 18520 6 (L:ND_ZOOM,number) caseIs there a simple way of calculating these other then trail and error?ThanksMitch

Mitch,18520 = 10 * 1852=10 Nm etc.Not necessary, but this is possible:1852 (>L:Zoom Distance) So you get:(L:Zoom Distance) 320 * (L:Zoom Distance) 160 * (L:Zoom Distance) 80 * (L:Zoom Distance) 40 * (L:Zoom Distance) 20 * (L:Zoom Distance) 10 * 6 (L:ND_ZOOM,number) caseJan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."procul negotiis..."

Guest mitch19542004

Hey Jan,I understand how to manipulate the numbers, what I am needing to do is adjust my number so that my range equals the diameter of the compass rose and range makes I have created. So lets say I have a rose diameter of 245 (pixels) and now I want to set the zoom factors so that the display size is correct for 10,20,40,80,160,320 NM's.Does that make since? or am I missing something?ThanksMitch

Mitch,I found out you have to manipulate the dimensions of the Map,...to hide the portions you don't want to see.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."