Sign in to follow this  
Au MaV

Need Help with simple MDL XML code (he he)

Guest jgoldman

Guys:I am trying to create a simple ON/OFF switch that will turn ON or OFF both engine magnetos (THE Ignition switch is seperate from the magnetos). I need one switch for engine1 and another for engine2.I tried using a simple magneto switch.. got it to respond to mouse click (No actual visual movement)and the result obtained was turning the magnetos OFF. BUT once this was done I could not get the switch to turn the magnetos back ON.Is there any XML guru that might be able to lend a helping hand to send a light of hope down this way and share the code.Many ThanksJim

Hi Are asking for part xml code ? if so have a look in the makemdl.part.xml file there are plenty there also make sure you have animated them a per the sdk Wozza

Guest jgoldman

Wozza:Thanks for the replay.. yes I have looked atthe code and gone through it quite a bit, but nothing is working as I would like.Interesting thing though... Some where there is a reference to a magneto switch for the Jenny but looking into the MDLXML code one cannot find any reference to it. OH well I will continue to play with thye code.. sooner or later I will get it to work. In the mean time I think the best it to link the switch animation to a C++ variable and get the function I want to work.Thanks againJim

HII have a simple single mag switch on one of my projects the switch is animated Kf0 switch off kf 10 50 100 switch on I did this to make the switch move fast and the code switch_magneto (A:RECIP ENG1 RIGHT MAGNETO,bool) 100 * 50HandTOOLTIPTEXT_MAGNETO_SWITCH (A:RECIP ENG1 RIGHT MAGNETO,bool) if{ 0 (>K:MAGNETO_OFF) } els{ 0 (>K:MAGNETO_RIGHT) } also in the piston engine section of the aircraft.cfg I addednumber_of_magnetos=1 Im pretty sure it still works without this section Wozza