Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jumbles

Please help a confused Newbie with a XML gauge

Guest Jumbles

HiI apologize for the vagueness of the subject but I couldn't think of a more consise one that actually covered the subject of my question(s)I have been trying to create a small button that opens and closes the canopy of the DSB Design Hawk.This is what I have so far:(A:MAIN_EXIT_OPEN,bool)It does open and close the canopy, but the button doesn't change (green for closed/red for open) and the tooltip says "Electrical Panel Display/Hide"I think (but am probably wrong) that the button colour problem is down to the (A:MAIN_EXIT_OPEN,bool) line but I don't have a clue what is wrong with the tooltip (it used to say "Open/Close Canopy" before I tried doing the two colour button thing).Any help would be very much appreciatedJumbles

Guest Jumbles

I have been tinkering and still have the problems...I changed the tooltip line to:and now it displays as "Outer Marker Light"!!!

Guest Jumbles

Woohoo!I tried the first one and it works perfectly!Thank you!How did you know what to put in the "value" line? I've downloaded the panel SDK and that's where I got the MAIN_EXIT_OPEN bit (that obviously didn't work) from.Jumbles

>Woohoo!>>I tried the first one and it works perfectly!>>Thank you!>>How did you know what to put in the "value" line? I've>downloaded the panel SDK and that's where I got the>MAIN_EXIT_OPEN bit (that obviously didn't work) from.If you wanted to use EXIT OPEN then you need to add an index to let the sim know which exit you want to monitor: EXIT OPEN:1...MAIN_EXIT_OPEN is the C equivalent from the TokenVar.doc file. If you are using XML, then nothing in that particular document is relevant to you... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Glad it worked out :)If you want more info on xml may I suggest a file by Arne Bartels xmlgau01.zip its for fs2002 but still relevent for fs9 Also grab the great tuts from http://www.fs2x.com/CheersWozza

Guest Jumbles

Thanks everyone for helping me.It's taken me another 6 hours but it now has sound! :)Admittedly it's some default flaps sound but it's better than nothing and the length is pretty close.I just wish I understood why it worked! :-hmmmOnce again thanksJumbles