Sign in to follow this  
Guest thriller

Newbie - Need to edit Cessna flight model

Guest thriller

Could someone please let me know how to edit the flight model of the Flight One Cessna 172 so that it stops rolling hard to the left in hands off flight? It's the only thing I can't stand about the plane.Thanks!

Guest iholrf

I sincerely doubt there is anything wrong with the Cessna that a little trim wont fix. I hate to say it, but unless your system is broken, this is a piloting problem, not a model problem.Contact Flight One support if you think there is a problem.http://www.flight1.com/support.asp?mode=listShad

Guest thriller

Ordinarily, I would agree with you. However, I have over 650 hours at the controls of a Cessna 172 (more than one). Torque and P factor alone don't explain the need to hold the yoke hard to the right on take off. So far, the only "fix" for this I've found is to recalibrate the yoke, holding in a left hand roll during calibration. Even that doesn't really resolve it completely.

Guest iholrf

Then I think your system may be broken, or at least the way it interacts with Flight One's AC... I modified the above post with a link to their support, what did they say about your problem?Shad

Guest thriller

After reading your second post, I just had a Homer Simpson moment . . . DOH!They posted a patch that fixes this problem several months ago!Thanks!