Sign in to follow this  
Guest A320 Co-Pilot

Same gauges visible in two windows?

Hi,I would like to use the old Fanda's Dash 8 panel with my 1024x768 resolution monitor - but the gauges are so little that it's quite unusable. I created a new zoom window for the main gauges, and I would like to keep it open when I need it. Are there any obstacles to have the same gauges visible at the same time (ok, they are covered by the zoom window, but..)?thanksFrancesco

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

Do a search in the file library for dash8-q300_2.zip, you might find this useful. This is taken from the read me file:WHAT I'VE DONE:-Enlarge virtually all the panel gauges and windows to make them easier to read and work with.-Stopped the secondary windows from opening on startup.-Added Sidney Schwartz's panel hot spots. Look at the enclosed gif file to see where they are.-Added panel sideviews by Dan Port.In short, I've tweaked what others have done and included it all in one package for you.I am quite new to gauge making, so the only thing it might do is decrease the frame rate. Saying that I have a reasonable slow computer and I have a panel which uses zoom gauges and does not affect frame rates. You could use if you made the zoom panel in xml, so when you click the gauge it brings up the zoomed gauge(s) and closes the other gauge(s).Hope this helps.

Guest RonB49

Most gauges allow you to display two instances of the same gauge at the same time. I have had problems once or twice but it usually works. Try it and see. R-

Ah yes, I downloaded it, and you're the reason I began to think to improve my experience ;-)The point is that even with your enlargements I can't see much better. I have Flight1 DC-9 and it has this main gauges window selectable by an icon, and it works fine.I tried creating this new window with altimeter, airspeed, EADI, EHSI and TCAS/VSI gauges. It appears fine when I call it from the menu, but EHSI and EADI doesn't seem to work (some times they doesn't appear at all, sometimes you see some negative image of the numbers/data). Probably you need some aother gauge in that window that is logically related with them, but I don't know the software lying under it.Francesco

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

I would like to point out that these are not my enlargements. The credit for these goes to Keith Henry.I found these when I was looking for a panel for a Dash 8 200, that I was testing for the VA I fly for.Is the Fanda panel freeware or payware as I have not found it yet only the enlargements. If I can find it I will have a look and see if I can see why you are having this problem with gauges not working.