Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

External cabin lights...

Guest Flybyme

Ciao to all,I've made the BPA livery for the PMDG 737 series,All work fine...the only thing is that I get to see the lights in the cabin "on" only if i switch on the "LANDIG LIGHTS" on the overhead pannel...WHY..????I must say that I had to move a window and erase one from both the FUSE.bmp that are in the texture folder of the PMDG 737...PAco

Edit the _L.bmp used for the "cabin lighting" and make the alpha channel pure black (0,0,0). If it is white (255,255,255) it will only work with landing lights switch.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Flybyme

Ciao Bill,I made the livery with Photoshop....Tell me,please, step by step on how and with what I must edit the "_L.bmp " to check if there is this parameter o,o,o or 255,255,255...I looked in the texture folder of the 737 and there are lots of "_L.bmp " files....wich is the correct one???

>Ciao Bill,>>I made the livery with Photoshop....>>Tell me,please, step by step on how and with what I must edit>the "_L.bmp " to check if there is this parameter o,o,o or>255,255,255...>>I looked in the texture folder of the 737 and there are lots>of "_L.bmp " files....wich is the correct one???The correct _L.bmp will be whichever one has the same prefix name as the daytime visible texture! ;)Example: if the texture you painted is named fuse.bmp, the lightmap will be named fuse_L.bmp...Use DXTBMP to uncompress and open the correct _L.bmp file and doubleclick on the alpha image in the upper right corner to send the image to Photoshop. Flood the image in Photoshop with pure black and then Save.Back in DXTBMP, click the large "Up Arrow" under the alpha image to load your edited image automatically.Save As the result in the same format as the original image (i.e., 888-1, DXT3, etc.

Fr. Bill    

Guest Flybyme

Ciao Bill,PArdon me...but it's very annoing having those cabin light on only with the Landing lighs on...Ok I downloaded DXTBMP...Opened the _fuse_L.bmp file(the fusellage file with windows illuminated...) with DXTBMP...doubleclicked on the alpha image in the upper right corner..but this sends the image to "trans.bmp" windows software and not to Photoshop....This happens also if I've Photoshop opened...Ok, now...what I must do???I don't understand what u mean by "Flood the image in Photoshop with pure black"...Don't forget I'm Italian..;o)And than:- how do I get it back to DXTBMP??-how do I save it and in wich format(how do I see the format of the original file)?Sorry to bother u....but pleae U're the only one that's helping me..I really apreciate...PAco..

>>>Ok I downloaded DXTBMP...>Opened the _fuse_L.bmp file(the fusellage file with windows illuminated...) with DXTBMP...doubleclicked on the alpha image in the upper right corner..but this sends the image to "trans.bmp" windows software and not to Photoshop....>This happens also if I've Photoshop opened...> >On the top toolbar of DXTBMP click on Prefs, then Select Editor. Use the browse menu to find your Photoshop program folder, then choose the Photoshop .exe file. Click on Open and it will return you to DXTBMP. Now it will send the image to Photoshop instead of the Windows Paint program (although you could use that one to do this simple job).>I don't understand what u mean by "Flood the image in Photoshop with pure black"...>Don't forget I'm Italian..>;o)> >With the alpha image in Photoshop (or Windows Paint), choose black (0,0,0) as the color, then use the Paintbucket to fill the complete image with black... ;)>And than:>- how do I get it back to DXTBMP??> >You can click on the X in the upper left corner to close the image. You will be asked if you wish to Save. Click Yes.>-how do I save it and in wich format(how do I see the format of the original file)?> >DXTBMP should automatically save as the same format as it was when you loaded the original image.Alternatively, you can look at the top line of the menu bar and it will tell you what format the original image was in. Usually, the format is DXT3 w/Alpha.>Sorry to bother u....but pleae U're the only one that's helping me..> >It is no bother, fratello! I am sorry no one else has tried to help...Ciao!

Fr. Bill