Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ron Freimuth

Autoland Gauge in xml

Hi, My approach for flare etc:Use Radio height extensively:Between 70 ft and 30 ft cut throttles, appr hold off, alt hold onThis gives pos pitch!Between 30 and 20 ft if pitch > 2 degrees + then alt hold off and att hold on.On ground and speed < 110 then att hold off, reversers on etc.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

Unfortunaly mine does not give pos pitch when throttle are set to cut, so I need to find a way to get the AP to increase pitch, I have looked in the panel sdk and found a few A: and K: Var, so far have come up with this.(A:AUTOPILOT ATTITUDE HOLD,degrees) 6 == if{ (>K:AP_ATT_HOLD_ON)Will play with the A:Var and see if I can get the AP to increase pitch, Have also thought about using the above A:Var and then K:AP_PITCH_REF_INC_UP but not sure how it to get it to increase to 6 degrees or what ever the best pitch will be.

Guest Ron Freimuth

>(A:AUTOPILOT ATTITUDE HOLD,degrees) 6 == if{>(>K:AP_ATT_HOLD_ON)>>Will play with the A:Var and see if I can get the AP to>increase pitch, >>Have also thought about using the above A:Var and then>K:AP_PITCH_REF_INC_UP but not sure how it to get it to>increase to 6 degrees or what ever the best pitch will be. There doesn't seem to be a way to set pitch_reference or Flight_director_pitch to 6 degrees directly. All I see in the EventIDs.doc are increment up or down. Only a few things can be SET directly, Throttle, Ailerons, Rudder, Elevators, Elevator Trim, etc. All I can think of is to increment or decrement the pitch_reference in a loop until the A:Pitch Ref (or FD Bar) gets to + 6.0 degrees. Within a small error range. One can use 'g1' to go to label :1, etc. I've made loops that terminate when some condition is reached with an if{ block. Note the pitch reference just might be over 6 degrees so if it is "> 6.0" then you have to use the decrement. I know the FD increments/decrements 0.2 degree per key hit. It may not hit exactly 6.0 degrees, so again, you have to check for just being within say, 0.1 deg of 6.0 degrees. "A:pitch_ref 6.0 - abs 0.1 lt; if{ ..... }" might be useful for the 'close enough' condition. I don't know about the 'pitch reference' but another problem with the 'FD Pitch' is that is is filtered, and moves somewhat slowly to the final value. So, 5 clicks to move it from 0.0 to 1.0 would only result in the A: variable Pitch getting to 1.0 after maybe a second. Ron

Hi,A description of what's happening.Just try some settings of Radio Height.I know they work in my 767Imagine "established" and below 70 ft.Your VS is about -700 ft/min.Then throttles cut, approach off and ALT HOLD ON!That means while descending the plane is struggling to keep altitude.Pos pitch is the result, still descending!At that moment, eg pitch > +2 degrees, alt hold off and ATT HOLD ON to keep the pos pitch, while descending untill touch down.Then everything off etc.My Code:(A:RADIO HEIGHT,feet) 70 < (A:RADIO HEIGHT,feet) 30 > and if{ (A:AUTOPILOT THROTTLE ARM,bool) if{ (>K:AUTO_THROTTLE_ARM) } (A:GENERAL ENG1 THROTTLE LEVER POSITION,percent) 0 > if{ (>K:THROTTLE1_CUT) } (A:GENERAL ENG2 THROTTLE LEVER POSITION,percent) 0 > if{ (>K:THROTTLE2_CUT) } (A:AUTOPILOT APPROACH HOLD,bool) if{ (>K:AP_APR_HOLD) } (A:Autopilot altitude lock, bool) ! if{ (>K:AP_ALT_HOLD_ON) } } (A:RADIO HEIGHT,feet) 27 < (A:RADIO HEIGHT,feet) 17 > and if{ (A:PLANE PITCH DEGREES,degrees) -1 * 1 > (A:PLANE PITCH DEGREES,degrees) -1 * 6 < and if{ (A:Autopilot altitude lock, bool) if{ (>K:AP_ALT_HOLD_OFF) } (A:AUTOPILOT ATTITUDE HOLD,bool) ! if{ (>K:AP_ATT_HOLD_ON) } } } (A:SIM ON GROUND,bool) (A:AIRSPEED SELECT INDICATED OR TRUE, knots) s1 115 < l1 55 >= (A:RADIO HEIGHT,feet) 16 < and and and if{ (A:GENERAL ENG1 THROTTLE LEVER POSITION,percent) 0 == near if{ -16000 (>K:THROTTLE1_SET) } (A:GENERAL ENG2 THROTTLE LEVER POSITION,percent) 0 == near if{ -16000 (>K:THROTTLE2_SET) } (A:AUTOPILOT ATTITUDE HOLD,bool) if{ (>K:AP_ATT_HOLD_OFF) } (A:SPOILERS ARMED,bool) (A:TURB ENG1 REVERSE NOZZLE PERCENT,percent) 2 > and if{ (>K:SPOILERS_ON) } } etc.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest rkruijer

Hi,I am a beinner just like you and have some questions.For what aircraft do you make this autoland gauge?Have you finished it by now?Would it be possible to see the complete code?I would be very interested to see what you put together.Would be a big help to get me on my way.Thanks for your effort.Roelof Kruijer (rkruijer@home.nl)

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

Hi JanHave sorted the problem with the pitch angle I have used (>K:AP_PITCH_REF_INC_UP) six times, then when pitch angle is at the right angle then (>K:AP_ATT_HOLD_ON). Pitch can be altered quite easy by deleteing or adding one or more of the(>K:AP_PITCH_REF_INC_UP)I see how you got positvie pitch now Jan, with Alt Hold On the aircraft tries to climb so increases pitch then when pitch is correct ATT Pitch Hold, holds that pitch.Understand how XML work alot better now.Thanks for the Help Jan and Ron

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

For what aircraft do you make this autoland gauge?The aircraft I made this Autoland Gauge for the Dreamwing Embraer 170Have you finished it by now?YesWould it be possible to see the complete code?I have made a complete panel with overhead and Pedestal, I will upload this to the Avsim file library in the new year so by all means downloaded it and take a look at the code.The best way to learn (My Experience) is to find an aircraft you like to fly and add things to it. If you are a beginner then download as many XML gauge as you can find and look at the code, also download the FS2004 SDK, A link for this can be found on this site do a search in the forum. I started by doing and Engine EICAS with N1, N2 , Oil Temp, EGT, etc. Give it a try and if you have a problem post on this forum, there is always someone who can help.

Guest rkruijer

>Dreamwing Embraer 170>Have you finished it by now? >Yes>I have made a complete panel with overhead and Pedestal, I>will upload this to the Avsim file library in the new year so>by all means downloaded it and take a look at the code.Thanks. I'll be looking forward to it. I am already past the things you adviced. See my recent topic "XML How to set Altitude?"Once you get a hold of this XML and RPN you begin to like it.I have already made some gauges for the PFokker100 but I am not finished yet. Roelof

Guest Ron Freimuth

>Hi Jan>>Have sorted the problem with the pitch angle I have used>(>K:AP_PITCH_REF_INC_UP) six times, then when pitch angle>is at the right angle then (>K:AP_ATT_HOLD_ON). Pitch can>be altered quite easy by deleteing or adding one or more of>the (>K:AP_PITCH_REF_INC_UP) Does "(>K:AP_PITCH_REF_INC_UP)" increase the pitch reference 0.2 degrees at a time? As moving the FD bar does. Or, a different amount? Maybe six of them would increment by 1.2 degrees on each iteration. So you check for pitch angle, then do "(>K:AP_ATT_HOLD_ON)" when it is right (or, close to 6.0 deg). Sounds good to me. Be sure it works with different landing weights and CG's. Ron