Sign in to follow this  
Guest rkruijer

XML How do I Set Altitude?

Guest rkruijer

Hello All,I am trying to set altitude by clicking with the mouse on this value of 8000 ft while AP is ON but altitude not selected. It does not seem to work. I may set the wrong parameter. I really don't know. I managed to do it for IAS values but not for altitude.Can anyone help?Thanks for your effort.---- Snippet----------8000 8000 (>K:AP_ALT_VAR_SET_ENGLISH)------End of Snippet -------

Hi,What doesn't work?"Alt hold var" or "alt hold"?This K only sets "alt hold var" to 8000.If you want to hold 8000 you have to add ap panel altitude hold.Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest rkruijer

>Hi,>>What doesn't work?>"Alt hold var" or "alt hold"?>This K only sets "alt hold var" to 8000.>If you want to hold 8000 you have to add ap panel altitude>hold.>>Hope it helps,>>Jan>>"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."Not really Jan.You may be familiar with the gauge Runway Info. It is written in C++ I guess and that is not my cup of tea. It is from 2002 I think. It anables you to choose from a list of headings, speeds and altitudes. Click on them and your heading, IAS are changed. This a lot quicker than clicking on a knob incrementing or decrementing these things! The altitude part is not working so I figured i'll make one myself. What I want is a gauge in my panel that does show the list and by clicking on them will change your heading, IAS, frequencies etc.I have the IAS, Heading and frequentie part working.What you see in the snippet is an extract of the altitude list with only one altitude to keep it short.Now, when the altitude setting is 6000 ft in the AP and you select it to become active then the aircraft will ascend to 6000.When the controler tells you to ascend to 8000 you can increment it by clicking on the knob or whatever is being used. - or +.What I want is to select it from a list or strip if you like and change it from 6000 to 8000 with one click.I hope I it clear enough. Thanks for looking at it and.... I wouldn,t mind if you rewrote the code. (-:Roelof

You completely missed his point.Using the "set" command only puts the number in a buffer. You must also sent the HOLD command to the autopilot for it to become active! 8000 (>K:AP_ALT_VAR_SET_ENGLISH) (>K:AP Panel AltitudeHold

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest rkruijer

>You completely missed his point.I am afraid so Bill and I suppose I still do. Happens to beginners all the time )-: >Using the "set" command only puts the number in a buffer. You>must also sent the HOLD command to the autopilot for it to>become active!I do not want it to become active. I only want to change it!I changed the code to: 8000 (>K:AP_ALT_VAR_SET_ENGLISH) (>K:AP_PANEL_ALTITUDE_HOLD It does nothing!Why the second part? I am on the ground! After take off my initial altitude is going to be 6000 ft so while still on the ground, AP NOT ACTIVE I change the altitude setting to 6000 by using - or + within the click area of the gauge. My goal is to change that with only one click, selecting 6000 from a list! Like in Runway Info.Hope we are in phase now. (-:Roelof

>>You completely missed his point.>>I am afraid so Bill and I suppose I still do. Happens to>beginners all the time )-: Ah, and apparently both he and I missed your point as well... ;)You are simply wishing to update the "altitude preset" so that, at the appropriate point during the flight you can then activate the "altitude preset..."Now that's been cleared up, hopefully someone who actually knows XML well can help. By now I've forgotten more XML than I ever knew... ;)

Fr. Bill    

Guest rkruijer

>>>You completely missed his point.>>>>I am afraid so Bill and I suppose I still do. Happens to>>beginners all the time )-: >>Ah, and apparently both he and I missed your point as well...>;)>>You are simply wishing to update the "altitude preset" so>that, at the appropriate point during the flight you can then>activate the "altitude preset...">>Now that's been cleared up, hopefully someone who actually>knows XML well can help. By now I've forgotten more XML than>I ever knew... ;)Indeed! And in practice it makes no difference weather you use this code for presetting or changing your altitude during flight while the Atitude Hold is ON.There is nothing wrong with the code 8000 (>K:AP_ALT_VAR_SET_ENGLISH).I was testing it all the time in the ProjectFokker100 and today I discovered that it does work only when the Auto Throttle is Armed and engaged.!!!??? Of course that not being the case while on ground it failed! Quickly I tested it in the default 737-400 and found no problem there. I have no idea what causes this in the Fokker. Could be in the aircraft or may be another dauge that was added. Who knows.Now that I know I will find a work arround.Thanks for your interest.Roelof

Hi,Where do you read the current selected altitude?I mean, which A:Variable are you using that should return 8000 ?Tom

Hi,Probably the AP in the PF100 uses it's own local AP variables.Iow: you can set the AP ALt Hold value, and it WILL be reflected by the appropriate FS variable, but not (immediately) in the PF dial.Rob

>Hi,>>Where do you read the current selected altitude?>I mean, which A:Variable are you using that should return 8000Tom, he's wanting to use a "pick list table" of altitude settings.Choose one, click on it, and it will be loaded into the SET command, ready to be used whenever ALT HOLD is engaged...

Fr. Bill    

Guest rkruijer

>Probably the AP in the PF100 uses it's own local AP variables.>Iow: you can set the AP ALt Hold value, and it WILL be reflected by >the appropriate FS variable, but not (immediately) in the PF dial.>RobRight on the head Rob. When used during flight it will start descening/ascending but it will only show the correct digits when AT is being engaged.>Tom, he's wanting to use a "pick list table" of altitude settings.>Choose one, click on it, and it will be loaded into the SET >command, ready to be used whenever ALT HOLD is engaged...>Bill Leaming It must en does work independantly from the ALT HOLD situation.Being it ON or OFF makes no difference. Rightly so btw.However, I should not have asked "How do I set Altitude?" but"What's wrong with the Fokker?" :) Roelof

>Right on the head Rob. When used during flight it will start >descening/ascending but it will only show the correct digits when >AT is being engaged.>Tom, he's wanting to use a "pick list table" of altitude settings.My point was focused to the fact that, if one believes that a K:Event assignment doesn't work as expected, the best thing to do is read the related AVar to see what's going on. In this case, testing (A:AUTOPILOT ALTITUDE LOCK VAR,feet) would have shown 8000, giving the clue that the problem was related to that specific gauge (PF100) internal coding and not the (>K) assignment.Tom

Guest rkruijer

>In this case, testing (A:AUTOPILOT ALTITUDE LOCK VAR,feet)>would have shown 8000, giving the clue that the problem was>related to that specific gauge (PF100) internal coding and not>the (>K) assignment.>TomThanks Tom. Another piece of info that has to be stored.Do you people use some kind if a test panel for this?Roelof