Sign in to follow this  
Guest rkruijer

Kohlsman Display and Setting

Guest rkruijer

_VarsKOHLSMAN SETTING HGKOHLSMAN SETTING MBCan anyone tell me how to display these values digitally?%((A:Kohlsman setting mb,millibar))%!4.0!%%((A:Kohlsman setting mb,millibars))%!4.0!%%((A:Kohlsman setting mb))%!4.0!%None of them seem to workRoelof

Hi,Try:%((A:KOHLSMAN SETTING HG,mbar))%!d!or%((A:KOHLSMAN SETTING HG,mbar))%!4.2f!and%((A:Kohlsman setting hg,inHg) 0 max 99.99 min)%!2.2f!or%((A:Kohlsman setting hg,inHg))%!2.2f!Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest rkruijer

>Hi,>>Try:%((A:Kohlsman setting mb,millibar))%!4.1f!It's the floating point format that is essential!XML defaults to integer I think.>Jan>>"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."Roelof"Flatus non olet corruptus est..."

Guest rkruijer

I am a little bit confused.%((A:Kohlsman setting mb,millibar))%!4.1f!will give me 1013.2Then I read in some gauges:1013.20 16 * (>K:KOHLSMAN_SET)Why is it multiplied by 16 here?Is this a different paramater all together?Roelof

Guest rkruijer

>I am a little bit confused.>>%((A:Kohlsman setting mb,millibar))%!4.1f!>>will give me 1013.2>>Then I read in some gauges:>>1013.20 16 * (>K:KOHLSMAN_SET)>>Why is it multiplied by 16 here?>Is this a different paramater all together?>>RoelofTo be more complete!What I actually want to do is read the local QNH setting before reaching TA and store it to an L:Var. Then when I descend later under TL restore it! What parameters should I use if the above are not correct.Roelof

You could try to make TA the trigger to set Kohlsmann,something like, not tested:(A:Indicated Altitude,feet) (L:Transition Altitude,feet) > if{ 16210.5 (>K:KOHLSMAN_SET) } els{ (>K:BAROMETRIC) }Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest rkruijer

>You could try to make TA the trigger to set Kohlsmann,>something like, not tested:>>(A:Indicated Altitude,feet) >(L:Transition Altitude,feet) > >if{ 16210.5 (>K:KOHLSMAN_SET) } >els{ (>K:BAROMETRIC) }Translated: If above TL insert 1013.25 * 16 in K:KOHLSMAN_SET If below TL insert earlier stored QNH into K:BAROMETRICIs that what you are saying Jan? That stored local QNH could be 1013 as well. Usually it will be higher or lower. It is a bit hard to understand why not one and the same VAR is used.I'll check it out though.Thanks for uour help,Roelof

Hi,16210.5 (>K:KOHLSMAN_SET) gives 1013,25 or 29,92 (QNE)(>K:BAROMETRIC) gives local QNH.(I think)Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Maybe a tidbit to help, old code...(A:SEA LEVEL PRESSURE, millibar scaler 16) (>K:KOHLSMAN_SET)Whatever the current WX at your position was, the above little code would set that QNH to the altimeter set.. Notice the "millilbar scaler 16" as a unit.. While you can read the QNH handily, you cannot set it quite so fine. IIRC it is set on an 16 bit word scaled to the min/max of QNH. Regards,Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Guest rkruijer

>Maybe a tidbit to help, old code...>>(A:SEA LEVEL PRESSURE, millibar scaler 16)>(>K:KOHLSMAN_SET)>>Whatever the current WX at your position was, the above little>code would set that QNH to the altimeter set.. Notice the>"millilbar scaler 16" as a unit.. While you can read the QNH>handily, you cannot set it quite so fine. IIRC it is set on an>16 bit word scaled to the min/max of QNH. Thanks Roman. I noticed the difficuly! So to keep it in a nutshell.The local QNH is 890. My setting is 1013 because I am above TL. Now I am going below TL and want to set it back to 890.Option 1 890 (>K:KOHLSMAN_SET) Option 2 A:SEA LEVEL PRESSURE, millibar scaler 16)(>K:KOHLSMAN_SET)Both would come to the same result? Or did I loose it all together?Roelof

These 3 are all the same ---IF the local WX report is at 890 mbars(A:SEA LEVEL PRESSURE, millibar scaler 16) (>K:KOHLSMAN_SET)890 16 * (>K:KOHLSMAN_SET)14240 (>K:KOHLSMAN_SET)To set Kohlsman to 1013 use --1013 16 * (>K:KOHLSMAN_SET) -or- 16208 (>K:KOHLSMAN_SET)Hope this helps.Regards,Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

and (>K:BAROMETRIC)?Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest rkruijer

>and (>K:BAROMETRIC)?>>JanHallelujah! How appropriate for today. There are a lot of roads leading to Rome.Thank you gentlemen.One last question Jan. Must there not be a value in front of (>K:BAROMETRIC)?Merry XmasRoelof

No, it gives current QNH where ever you are, Bethlehem etc...!Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest rkruijer

>>No, it gives current QNH where ever you are, Bethlehem>etc...!>>Jan>>"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."I'll be ...... A miracle! Good to know. Roelof