Sign in to follow this  
pve

N1 limit clm,crz,mct etc

Hi all Want to limit N1. Have set up all the max N1 settings using a L:var, numbers. Using the std FS9 autopilot with autothrottle, v/s & alt hold engaged If I crank the v/s or airspeed up it will go over the max settings. Tried (A:AUTOPILOT THROTTLE ARM,bool) (L:CLB,bool) && if{ (A:TURB ENG1 CORRECTED N1) (L:N1_Max3,number) >= if{ (>K:DECREASE_THROTTLE) } } and (A:AUTOPILOT THROTTLE ARM,bool) (L:CRZ,bool) && if{ (A:TURB ENG1 CORRECTED N1) (L:N1_Max1,number) >= 16384 * int (>K:THROTTLE_SET) } can anyone help

Paul EGLD

Hi,You could try, when reaching max N1, to nail the throttle at the current power position.Something like:(A:AUTOPILOT THROTTLE ARM,bool) (L:CRZ,bool) && if{ (A:TURB ENG1 CORRECTED N1) (L:N1_Max1,number) >= if{ (A:GENERAL ENG1 THROTTLE LEVER POSITION,percent) 163.84 * (>K:THROTTLE_SET) } } Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

I'm afraid it is much more comlpex than this. If you nail the throttle at the current position when the N1 limit is reached, N1 will keep on increasing and N1 limit will be overshoot. This is because the N1 value is not directly linked to the throttle position, but it takes time to react to the throttle position, just like in a real aircraft. This is why you must anticipate the N1 variation when you manually handle the throttle.As far as I know, the only solution is to develop a complex code that drives the throttle position so that N1 becomes directly linked to the throttle position. I did this using a PID controller in C++, and it took me a long time to optimize and tune it. It was not that easy...Eric

Eric,You 're completely right, it is quite complicated.I did it in XML (not the above code), but it is possible to steer the throttle with N1; still "swinging"! Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Thanks for the suggestions, I know I will not get it to work exactly the correct way. Did some more work and ended up with. (A:AUTOPILOT THROTTLE ARM,bool) (L:CRZ,bool) && if{ (L:N1_MaxAuto4,number) 24.9 - 115 / 16384 * int (>K:THROTTLE_SET) } This holds preset N1 pretty good after a slow creep up from about 3-5 % below.

Paul EGLD