Sign in to follow this  
Guest mike_cyul

Automatic slats, FSDS2, and XML

Guest mike_cyul

Hi there. I'd like to get automatic slats to work, using XML code I copied from another post a while ago (sorry, I forget who wrote it :( ).I'd like to use leading edge flaps instead of the water rudder, as this way drag and lift can be added.I know almost nothing about XML, unfortunately, and so I was hoping someone here could tell me exactly how to write the new sections.Ideally, I'd like to use the FSDS2 keyframe animation l_pct_lead_edge_flap0 , if appropriate.Many thanks for helping a noobie.:) This is the code as it is now:(A:Airspeed select indicated or true,knots) 140 < (A:INCIDENCE ALPHA,degrees) 11 > && if{ (A:WATER RUDDER HANDLE POSITION,bool) !if{ (>K:TOGGLE_WATER_RUDDER) }}els{ (A:WATER RUDDER HANDLE POSITION,bool)if{ (>K:TOGGLE_WATER_RUDDER) }}Mike F.

Hello Mike This is what I used in conjunction with the Keyframe tag--- l_pct_lead_edge_flap0 --- . (A:Airspeed indicated,knots) 54 > if{ (A:Flaps handle index,number) 1 == if{ (>K:FLAPS_UP) } } els{ (A:Flaps handle index,number) 0 == if{ (>K:FLAPS_DOWN) } }"slat gauge installed"

Guest FelixFFDS

Mike - If you're using FSDS2, don't bother. Since FSDS2 does not compile through makemdl.exe, you can add whatever code you want to the makemdl.parts.xml, but the custom animation won't be recognized.If you're using FSDS3, however, then yes. Copy your xml snippet to makemdl.parts.xml and animate/compile in FSDS3.Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

HiThe water rudder code looks ok maybe a space is needed between the &&also the water rudder wont work unless you have an extra entry in the contact points section in the aircraft.cfg like thispoint.#=5, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0, 0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.00, 3.00, 0.05, 0, 0.0, 0.0If your not using the spoiler for anything you could use that,as you can mod the airfile to generate lift drag ect You can use LEADING EDGE FLAPS as you can define seperate flap configs in the aircraft.cfg,you would have to come up with a set command or simular for the K: event as flaps_up/dwn I think is global and will effect all flaps cheersWozza

Guest FelixFFDS

>Mike - If you're using FSDS2, don't bother. Since FSDS2 does>not compile through makemdl.exe, you can add whatever code you>want to the makemdl.parts.xml, but the custom animation won't>be recognized.>>If you're using FSDS3, however, then yes. Copy your xml>snippet to makemdl.parts.xml and animate/compile in FSDS3.> next time I'll really READ the message. I hadn't realized at first you were talking about using the snippet with a gauge...Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

Guest mike_cyul

Many thanks for the replies. Being at the kindergarten stage of XML, I hope that too much didn't go over over my head.... ;( First, I do have FSDS3 now, so this won't be a problem.Secondly, I have looked at a series of XML gauges, and had the impression that they were merely placed into the gauges folder. Do I understand that the code used in the gauge must also be copied into makemdl.parts.xml ?Third, I need to use the flaps as well, and thus somthing that is going to effect flaps globally is probably not useful. I still need to use the flaps keys.Fourth, if I use the spoiler, is the functioning of the slats still automatic? I have the feeling it is, I just want to be sure.Lastly, could someone provide me with the correct layout of the keyframe tag, to use spoilers?Thanks again. I will understand this one day. Hopefully.:)Mike F.

Wooooo lots of questions :)First up decide if your going to finish of the project in fsds 2 or 3 Now if fsds2 you will need to make a hidden xml gauge and load it via a panel.cfgIf fsds3 you can embed the xml code into the part but the code will be slightly different formatsome suggestions for FSDS2 hidden xml cade and spoilernot tested (A:Airspeed select indicated or true,knots) 140 < (A:INCIDENCE ALPHA,degrees) 11 > and andif{ (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,bool) !if{ (>K:SPOILERS_ON) }}els{(A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,bool)if{ (>K:SPOILERS_OFF) }}Or maybe(A:Airspeed select indicated or true,knots) 140 < (A:INCIDENCE ALPHA,degrees) 11 > and andif{ (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION, position) 1 != if{ (>K:SPOILERS_ON) }}els{ (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION, position) 0 != if{ (>K:SPOILERS_OFF) }} } CheersWozza

Guest mike_cyul

Sorry about all the questions!:)Thanks very much, Wozza and everyone else who replied, the slats work perfectly now. Much appreciated!:):):)Mike F.