Sign in to follow this  
Guest frozen

Has Anyone Had Problems with Wilco Pub?

>AS you say policy varies. However, credit card companies are>very relectant to make refunds on software for obvious>reasons - once it's been unsealed or installed there is no way>for the consumer to prove that it's not still being used. It>would be too easy to get free software thart way!Almost all cards have a buyers protection policy, regardless of what the purchase was. Providing the user does not have a history of requests that could form a pattern of abuse, there may be no problem. Like I said, it is worth the call. Better to try different avenues than to just give up.Don

And when they DO prove it, you'll lose your credit card, possibly be blacklisted bu other credit cards, and may be visited by the police. Credit card companies take fraud very seriously.

I agree it's worth a try but don't hope for too much.Use of credit cards is governed by various agreements. Credit card companies can't give a refund and withold payment from a supplier simply because a buyer comnplains - especially is the seller disputes the facts.In the UK credit card companies are legally jointly liable with the supplier and must give refunds if the goods aren't delivered or are seriously faulty. Note the use of the word seriously. The FS9 EULA states thet it will " perform substantially in accordance with the accompanying written or electronic materials". Substantially can be a matter of debate. Also, the UK liability doesn't extend to goods of less than

I want to thank all of you for the great comments and suggestions concerning the issues with Wilco Pub. My main goal was to have as many simmers as possible notified of what kind of company Wilco Pub is. I hope I can save the Sim Community some heartache and money by allowing everyone to read about my own issues. I knew I would never get my money back so I wanted to do something, anything. If I have prevented one person from buying their product(s), than I have achieved at least one small goal. Again, thanks to all of you for your comments, suggestions, and support.Gene Rouner

Guest frozen

For anyone interested, SP1 has been released. A quick look doesn't show any of the required quantum leaps, but I'll post a more thorough assessment in the next few days when I have more time.