Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ron Freimuth

Some questions about a HUD type gauge

Hi,Your code: (P:Zulu time, seconds) 1 % 2 * flr if{ (A:Airspeed select indicated or true, knots) (>L:Airspeed t1, number) } els{ (A:Airspeed select indicated or true, knots) (>L:Airspeed t2, number) } (L:Airspeed t1, number) (L:Airspeed t2, number) - (>L:Airspeed diference, number)won't work as expected because you're continiously updating either LAirspeed var. This code works fine for one sec rate :(P:Absolute time,seconds) abs (L:Time Stamp,seconds) - abs 1 > if{ (A:Airspeed select indicated or true,feet per second) s0 (L:Airspeed previous, feet per second) - (>L:Airspeed diff, feet per second)l0 (>L:Airspeed previous, feet per second)(P:Absolute time,seconds) abs (>L:Time Stamp,seconds)}feet/sec gives a better handling number.As for the HUD part, maybe Jan or other "HUD experts" could give you some help.Tom

Ha,First a picture to make clear what is needed or wanted.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

I have attached a screenshot of the hud. The horizon line does shift whit the pitch an aircraft

Well,Beautifull hud!!!!The small circle is the "Cue", dependant of the flightdirector.The big circle with wings is the velocity vector.You have to steer the big one over the small one.The velocity code of course must be ok!The horizon line code looks complicated with the moving heading numbers so i don't understand why it should'nt rotate.Anyway this is my solution:other ladder elements-------------------------------------------------------------------------------(A:Attitude indicator bank degrees, radians)other ladder elements(A:Attitude indicator pitch degrees, degrees) /-/So all ladder elements rotate individually and shift together.Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."Soy for the very bad .jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/136781.jpg

Typo: Sorry Tom, I meant Tom instead of Ron, I Think I had A "Lapsus Brutus". Thanks for the code again.Javier.

Hi,No single bitmap in my HUD.Velocity Vector is related to (A:Velocity body X,Y and Z, m/s)As in:................................(A:Velocity body X, m/s) (A:Velocity body Z, m/s) atg2 rddg (A:Velocity body Y, m/s) (A:Velocity body Z, m/s) atg2 rddg Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest Ron Freimuth

>>Tom, I was wondering if there

Guest Ron Freimuth

>Hi Ron, that looks complex!. I