Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ron Freimuth

Some questions about a HUD type gauge

Hi,Not using bitmaps this is my code:I(A:Plane heading degrees gyro, degrees) dnor 0 max 10 % (A:Attitude indicator bank degrees, radians)Replace text with bitmap.Hope it works,Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Hi,I think may be it is impossible to shift for heading and rotate the bitmap for bank and shift for pitch together and that has probably to do with the changing axis.That is why i use single text elements.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest jprintz

Javier:I would say keep at it. What you're after is *probably* possible. In my HUD there was one element that shifted around with the velocity vector, rotated in several different ways around shifting axes, etc., and I had a lot of trouble getting it to work properly. It ended up needing 2 rotates, then 2 shifts, then 1 more rotate to work as needed. The order of those shifts and rotates was the key.... No, this doesn't necessarily help you with your specific problem (sorry!), but the more I fool with XML the more I realize that really a lot more is possible than I first thought. So again, keep at it! And yes, large amounts of aspirin are essential....

Hi!Finally!, my horizon line rotates!. I have to change to single elements to rotate them and I don

Hi!Finally!, my horizon line rotates!. I have to change to single elements to rotate them and I don

Resurrected post to recover the necroed XML script - Bill (N4GIX)

Hi,Not using bitmaps this is my code:
<Element><Text X="20" Y="12"  Bright="Yes" Length="3"  Font="Arial black" Color="#00ff00"   Adjust="center" VerticalAdjust="center" Multiline="No"><String>I</String><Axis X="-290" Y="0"/></Text><Shift><Value>(A:Plane heading degrees gyro, degrees) dnor 0 max 10 % </Value><Nonlinearity><Item Value="0" X="0" Y="0"/><Item Value="10" X="-200" Y="0"/></Nonlinearity></Shift><Rotate><Value>(A:Attitude indicator bank degrees, radians)</Value></Rotate><Clip Left="262" Right="762" Top="200" Bottom="604"/></Element>

Replace text with bitmap.Hope it works,Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator