Sign in to follow this  
Guest ekkaihla

iFly747 ground steering

Hello Ray, re: "I wonder if having the Yaw Damper on could have been the reason?"This is definitely the reason ...you must have your yaw damper off for taxiing. :)

regardsEd

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/edetroit100/edley.gifAMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1024Mb PC3200 DDR, 300Gb HD 128Mb DDR Nvidia 6600GT PCI Express, Audigy 2 ZSCH Products Yoke, Pedals and Throttle Quadrant

Thanks Tom, I'll try that. I kept it on because my other aircraft - the PMDG737 series - requires it on all the time according to the checklist.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks Ed. I'll see what difference it makes on my next flight.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

"Also, has anyone managed to successfully merge this panel with the POSKY 747-400 GE engined model????"yup, i did it, with some tweaks in the aircraft.cfg for adapting the weights and static points etc for the posky model. i took the posky aircraft.cfg and implemented the necessary parts from the ifly aircraft.cfg. i

Guest saudi_777

Hi Ron,Would you please be kind enough to send to me the FDE sets (Aircraft.cfg/AIR file) for both the iFly 747-400 model and the POSKY 747-400 GE model, all of which you're using with the iFly 747-400 panel? I hope that they're all tweaked to have better ground steering abilities. Please send both of the FDE sets to my email:sv_777_2000 (at) yahoo.comAlso, have you made any sort of modifications to the panel.cfg of the iFly 747-400 panel?And that's strange that the iFly 747 panel can't fly VOR navigation, I used to think that any aircraft with the ability to tune in to VOR radios can navigate properly via VORs? :-hmmmCheers,

Guest saudi_777

Thanks a lot, Ron!!!! :-waveCheers,

Guest Bennubird

Ron,I tried without success to adapt the iFly747 panel to the POSKY 744. I was able to make it fly, but I noticed that the POSKY sort of jerks into the turn rather than roll smoothly. Would you mind sending me your modified cfg so I can compare and practice?Bennub@hotmail.com (please indicate POSKY or iFly or something in the subject to ensure that I get it)EDIT: Note that I attempted to download the file you originally posted but got a message saying it had been removed.Thanks!CharlesGermantown, MD

Guest ekkaihla

Hi Ron,Could you please repost the file with your edits? It seems that the attachment has been removed. I've tried adapting the Posky model with the iFly panel without much success (I'm using Posky's FDE dated 26th of March, 2004). The plane either crashes right after loading, or makes an instant backflip upon engaging the autopilot in the air...Best regards,-Esa