Sign in to follow this  
mgh

3 view cycle.......possible??

Guest lemonadedrinker

I posted this question on the general site and am now trying it here to see whether there is an answer which doesn't need setting buttons, but maybe an alteration in the .cfg. Any advice appreciated. Thanks...>>Hi all,A question I must ask. I like Steven Grants planes a lot but they don't have vcs' and so I generally delete them!! as I like to switch through the views and don't like the 'empty' view of a missing vc, but I did d/l a Cessna I think which had no vc, but also had only 3 views in it's cycle and so didn't have the problem. Is there a way to adjust the cfg perhaps to create a 3 view cycle when you want?Lemonadedrinker.<< That airplane was the Cessna 182RG by David Durst and James Joblon and has a 3 view cycle which I would like to replicate with Steven Grants good models.Lemonadedrinker.

Guest lemonadedrinker

Yes, it is possible because David Durst and James Joblon have done it, but How? is the question I was hoping to have answered!Lemonadedrinker

Guest Robert Sanderson

It sounds like it might be an FS2000 model, or maybe it was designed with older modeling software that compiles a different type of .mdl file. FS2000 default planes had only three view modes, and I know if you load an FS2000 plane into FS2004, then you

> That airplane was the Cessna 182RG by David Durst and James>Joblon and has a 3 view cycle which I would like to replicate>with Steven Grants good models.>Lemonadedrinker.The only C182RG here at AVSIM is a so-called FS2004 model which has a virtual cockpit in the panel.cfg, but is obviously the FS2000 default model that has been ported forward into this release. Check the file date and you'll see 4/17/2001... ;)As Bob has pointed out, the only way to not have a VC view in the cycle is to use an older, FS2000 (or older) model that never had one to begin with.The Cycle View sequence is hard-coded into FS9 and cannot be arbitratily modified.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yes and No :-)As said above, the VC-View is coded in the model and cannot be omitted from the view cycle sequence on a per-aircraft basis.But if you add a little xml gauge with the contents below to the panel.cfg: when the VC view is detected, the gauge automatically selects the next view in the cycle (depending if you use cycle view forward or backward).1 (>G:Var1)0 (>G:Var1) (P:ACTIVE VIEW MODE,enum) 2 == if{ (G:Var1) if{ (>K:VIEW_MODE) } els{ (>K:VIEW_MODE_REV) } } Cheers, Rob Barendregt

I tried using this with my aircraft which doesn't have a VC but shows the interior model on the first press of the S key. However, it doesn't hide it. Do I need to make some change to the XML?

Guest pasodefe

I have applied this fix to most of my non-VC planes.Now if I may ask, does anyone know how to make the standard cockpit view able to pan via hat switch for instancehat left = pan lefthat right = pan righthat forword = pan downand so on.When I try to asign hat positions to pan views the program does not sence the hat movement.The Hat works perfect in VC Mode for panning.Another similar problem, say I look left in standard cockpit view then apply shift+enter or shift+backspace they do not change up & down like they do looking forword. Can this be corrected?

Guest Mathias

FS_NutThis was just covered in the Convair Pogo VTOL documentation. Quote in Rob Barendregt's xml view changing file:... your FS9.cfg config file [CONTROLS] section MUST contain the linepan_in_cockpit_mode=1... This will change the hat switch function from fixed view directions to panning.

"say I look left in standard cockpit view then apply shift+enter or shift+backspace they do not change up & down like they do looking forword. Can this be corrected?"You can only pan in forward view in FS2004 which is true for both cockpit (when pan_in_cockpit_mode=1) and the VC. The ability to pan in the side views was disabled when FS2004 was released, although it was most certainly present in FS2002.I have adapted to this by changing the pan rate to a higher value, which allows me to quickly adjust my VC forward view to just about any position in a split second.-John

Guest pasodefe

I don't seem to be able to find the documentation you refer to.(Convair Pogo VTOL)although setting the pan_in_cockpit_mode allows pan alright it also keeps the panel directly in the center of the view (not good) and finding directly straight ahead after panning is very difficult.I know I know cry cry cry.( But thanks anyway;

Guest Mathias

>I don't seem to be able to find the documentation you refer>to.> ( Convair Pogo VTOL)pogo.zipand particularlypogoupdt.zipat the "other" FS-site :)>although setting the pan_in_cockpit_mode allows pan alright it>also keeps the panel directly in the center of the view (not>good) A 2D-panel is nothing but a bitmap with gauges projected onto it. It can be moved and resized with the mouse, but is otherwise uncontrollable by any view manipulating hat switch and will stay in it's place rock-steady ...>and finding directly straight ahead after panning is>very difficult.No, it is actually quite easy: simply hit the space bar ;)

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi, all.This is a great bunch of replies and I thank all of you very much for your time and thoughts.Let the experimentation begin!Lemonadedrinker.

I still can't this to skip the interior view on the first press of the 'S' key. I don't have a VC.1(>G:Var1)0(>G:Var1) (P:ACTIVE VIEW MODE,enum) 1 == if{ (G:Var1) if{ (>K:VIEW_MODE) } els{ (>K:VIEW_MODE_REV) } } My panel.cfg contains the line:gauge12=Cygnet!VCViewSkip, 0,0,20,20I have another gauge that works in ...panelCygnet.