Sign in to follow this  
Guest ridgell

gauge folder question

Guest ridgell

i want to put my gauge folder in my panel folder. do not want to intermingle with the regular gauge folder.i cant remember how to set that up.i have seen a single cab put in the folder, but i am useing many gauge cabs.i tried putting a folder named gauges in the panel folder but that did not work. putting the 'gauges' folder in the aircrat folder also did not work.how do i tell my panel.cfg to look in the panel folder?

You don't have to "set that up".When FS tries to locate a gauge defined in the panel.cfg, it first looks for that gauge (.gau or .cab) in the local ...panel folder, and, if not there, in the main gauges folder.Iow. make sure that you copy the gauges directly in the panel folder, NOT in ...PanelGaugesCheers, Rob Barendregt

Guest ridgell

ok with a little tweeking that worked.DOH! i cabbed my files, by clicking on the folder, when i tried your trick 1st it did not work, when i put the folder in the fs9 directory it still did not work, i extracted 1 of the folders and it had the cabs inside a folder...doh redid the cabs and it works....exceptmy panel folder is a mess. is there no way to put a 'Gauges' folder in the panel folder with all the cabs inside?tried gauge00=Gauges,left!stage1, 0,0,1024,768 gauge00=Gauges!left!stage1, 0,0,1024,768i know i have done this before somehow. i would have remembered the trama to my organizational compunction, of just dumping all the cabs directly into the panel folder. oh and...thanks Rob!

Guest JeanLuc_

I think you could specify a relative folder from the panel folder this way (assuming your gauge is either left.GAU or left.CAB):gauge00=...GAUGESleft!stage1, 0,0,1024,768for a GAUGES folder located this way:FS9AircraftmyAircraftGAUGESalso this way:gauge00=.GAUGESleft!stage1, 0,0,1024,768for a GAUGES folder located this way:FS9AircraftmyAircraftPanelsGAUGESor even this way:gauge00=.......myGAUGESleft!stage1, 0,0,1024,768for a GAUGES folder located this way:FS9myGAUGESHope this helps!NB: . is the current folder of the panel.cfg file in all the above cases. You then go up one folder with ..

Guest ridgell

ok...that will give me some stuff to experimant with.thanks jean!

I have an XML gauge (uncabbed) for my Cygnet in: C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AircraftHawker_CygnetpanelCygnet The gauge is referenced in the panel.cfg file as:gauge04=Cygnet!Cygnet_Pitch_Trim, 840,590

>ok with a little tweeking that worked.>>DOH! i cabbed my files, by clicking on the folder, when i>tried your trick 1st it did not work, when i put the folder in>the fs9 directory it still did not work, i extracted 1 of the>folders and it had the cabs inside a folder...doh redid the>cabs and it works....except>my panel folder is a mess. is there no way to put a 'Gauges'>folder in the panel folder with all the cabs inside?>tried gauge00=Gauges,left!stage1, 0,0,1024,768> gauge00=Gauges!left!stage1, 0,0,1024,768>>i know i have done this before somehow. i would have>remembered the trama to my organizational compunction, of just>dumping all the cabs directly into the panel folder. >>>oh and...thanks Rob!>>One way to do this, IF all the gauges required by the panel are moved into a local folder, is to simply used the "find & replace"function of a text editior.Assume you move ALL GAUGES and CABS used in the panel into afolder named "xxxgauges" ( name of your choice ) then do afind & replace of: "=" with "=xxxgauges!"Then you panel.cfg might look like this:gauge00=xxxgauges!fsd_rf4.gmeter, 82,251,60,59gauge01=xxxgauges!fsd_tdo.asi, 65,313,77,76gauge02=xxxgauges!FSD_WARN.OVERSPEED, 352,203,42,18gauge03=xxxgauges!FSD_WARN.STALL, 352,190,42,15gauge04=xxxgauges!magnetic_compass!Magnetic-Compass, 465,54,41,44gauge05=xxxgauges!kingair!Autopilot, 59,398,60,80gauge06=xxxgauges!kingair!Altimeter_Selector, 547,231,90,42gauge07=xxxgauges!kingair!Dme, 548,273,90,42 I haven't tested this to insure that this will work with cab'ed gauges but it's easy to undo. Always make a backup, of course :) Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest ridgell

the first thing i tried ( would have sworn it worked before ) was;gauge=Gauges!cabname!gaugename, xxx bla blabut it would not hunt.jeanluc's .Gauges works good. and i copied the line infront of the old setup already. i used a different method before...but i cant remember what...but there are lots of ways to skin a cat. i really only wanted to make the panel install a no brainer, with no overwriting existing gauges. example i am useings doug dawson's fuel dump but a newer version that has more vars then his old one...dsd gauges are pretty common and he turned me on to several, which i asked what if about, and got a newer version...:)i would not want to screw up someone elses panel by overwritting a gauge with a version which might not work the same. this way i only worry about effects, and im more comfortable with saying 'NO' to overwrites.