Sign in to follow this  
adr179

Adding Sounds

Would like to know if it is possible to take a sound (in this case a parking brake) and put it into another aircraft. This sound adds alot and I would like it in several of my planes, but I cannot figure out how to, or if it is possible. Thanks in advance for the info.Regards,Joe

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Guest ridgell

if you know where the wave is....yes.you substitute the wave you want in the sound config file for that plane. you could also get the dsd sound gauge. built by doug dawson, it gives you control of sounds out side of the planes sound cfg. file. rather then try and explain you might want to down load it, look at the read me. if you need help just post asking for doug...hes the man and is usually very helpful and patient in esplaining how to use his gauges.

I have the WAV. file. I have tried dropping it into the aircraft's sound file, but the sound is not there when the brake is released. Will look into the dsd sound gauge.Thanks,Joe

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Guest ridgell

you not only need to put the sound in the folder you have to referance or point to that wav in the aircrafts sound cfg. 2 ways to do that, change the entry in the sound cfg. to the desired wave. or name the new wav the same name as the old wav,( requires deleting the old wave and is there for the less desirable soultion.)if you go the dsd sound gauge route, you still need to delete the gear referance in the sound cfg. or both sounds will play on gear manipulation.below is an example of a sound.cfg and the lines you want to manipulate.[GEAR_DOWN]filename=f16gearminimum_volume=9500maximum_volume=9500[GEAR_UP]filename=f16gearminimum_volume=9500maximum_volume=9500

send me Your panel.cfg file and I'll send it modified back along with a xml sound gauge and wav file or wait for a couple of weeks till I finish a virtual co-pilot and sound I'm working on right now. It will also have "parking brakes set" announceement amongst some 24 more.