Sign in to follow this  
Guest furledd

GPS Getting VOR/NDB Waypoint Data

Guest furledd

Hello gentlemen. Ths is my first posting here but i have used this forum numerous times to get answers - thank you!I am building a Trimble 1000DC GPS gauge, and have run into a stumper for a problem.I have coded the gauge to sucessfully scroll through the 20 Nearest Airport, VOR's, NDB's, and Intersections, but the info for them is limited. I also want to have the Waypoint Information for each of them available at the same time for additional details.I have been able to get this to work nicely for Airport data by putting the following in the "Update" sectionC:fs9gps(A:GPS POSITION LAT, Radians) (>@c:NearestAirportCurrentLatitude, Radians) (A:GPS POSITION LON, Radians) (>@c:NearestAirportCurrentLongitude, Radians) 20 (>@c:NearestAirportMaximumItems) 200 (>@c:NearestAirportMaximumDistance, NMiles) Everytime I change the NearestCurrentAirport line, I set the NearestCurrentAirportICAO to the WaypointAirportICAO as shown below:(@c:NearestAirportCurrentLine, number) ++ (>@c:NearestAirportCurrentLine, number) (@c:NearestAirportCurrentICAO) (>@c:WaypointAirportICAO)This works great - I can then query either Waypoint or nearestairport database to see all additional details. QUESTION: Why doesnt this work for VOR, NDB, Interections?Same procedure - add the following to the UPDATE section(A:GPS POSITION LAT, Radians) (>@c:NearestVorCurrentLatitude, Radians) (A:GPS POSITION LON, Radians) (>@c:NearestVorCurrentLongitude, Radians) 20 (>@c:NearestVorMaximumItems) 200 (>@c:NearestVorMaximumDistance, NMiles)Then increment the same as I did for airport(@c:NearestVorCurrentLine, number) ++ (>@c:NearestVorCurrentLine, number) (@c:NearestVorCurrentICAO) (>@c:WaypointVorICAO) The addition of the line above crashes FS9 everytime.I then checked the variables themselves while running the gauge:NearestVorCurrentICAO might have "VK5 BDF " for example and WaypointVorICAO is blank " " before I try to assign it the value. I thought the same procedure should work as with airports - what in the heck am I doing wrong???ThanksDwight Furleigh

Guest furledd

Well, I started to try to troubleshoot in a logical fashion on the hardware side after reading about crashes in GPS from others1) Made sure 9.1 patch was applied (yes - no change)2) Turned down graphics acceleration on Xt5900 (no change)3) Reinstalled all DLL's from FS9 disk (no Change)Next, I installed FS9 on my older PC with a decent memory and graphics card onboard. I had had problems also with the GPS crashing on my new PC, so i thought I would try it on the other one - and yes, the GPS worked on it.4) I installed my Trimble gauge on my old PC with new copy of FS9 and YES it worked good!5) On my new PC - I unchecked ALL my add-on scenery on my newer computer - and tried again - it WORKS6) I turned back on all the basic continent scenery (Still OK)7) Turned on City scenery - both aerial and standard ( Seattle aerial will crash it here - I found 1 that caused it)8) Left that one unchecked and turned on the rest - problem is BACK - so it appears I have more than 1 scenery file causing the issue - there are about 150 on them total - its gonna take a while to find themMore tommorrowDwight