Sign in to follow this  
Guest ridgell

Model, panel or aircraft cfg file....which one?

I have installed two of Kazunori Ito's wonderful AC, the F4 and RA-5C. On spool up, idle settles at approx 65% N1 for both aircraft. I wrote to him asking why the high setting for N1 and he replied that it was necessary to set it that high in order to achieve the highest possible top speed for the AC. Not being a designer, I have to take him at his word or perhaps I mis-understood his reply.I would like to know where a change could be made (which config file) to bring the idle to normal settings of around 25%, so that the aircraft isn't always trying to roll forward without any brake being applied. Is it in the model, panel or aircraft config file?Thanks.Chris

Guest ridgell

you can change either the aircraft.air known as the airfle or the aircraft.cfg. the airfile requires a decompiler of some kind to reduce the file into readable text format. example:AirEd & AircraftAirfileManager are 2 of the more common ( both freeware) the aircaft.cfg has priority over the airfile when they have conflicting information. you might want to look at both air and cfg before making changes...remember to make backups of the originals!