Sign in to follow this  
mmaclauchlan

Tower Simulator - has SP1 fixed it?

I sincerely wish to thank the OP for his cogent review of a product that I would have purchased based on the advertising. I've always loved tower simulations; I recall using one years ago that took basic text commands to control inbound and outbound planes (DOS-based). I spent hours on it. So, thanks for this excellent write up along with your initial write up which also spelled out problems that you saw.I also want to thank the folks who have responded thus far for keeping it mostly on track. Thanks also to scoob for his input. If I were to move on from this thread at this point, I would come away with the conclusion that there is no defense to this critique other than to attack. I hope future posts prove me, and others, wrong.This thread is what makes these forums (fora?) so useful to me as a flight simmer and community member. Thanks again!Paul

Guest wickedpenguin

>The old maxim "let the buyer beware" still applies.>Check the product out - read the reviews and consider the>developer's reputation before buying. Those who don't bother>to do that should only blame themselves.This is why a developer should release a demo version of the product. When you can't return it, you should have the option of taking it for a test drive. What Wilco/FeelThere did here is the equivalent of those instances in the film industry, when the studio doesn't screen a new movie to critics prior to release. A studio that does that knows that they're putting a shoddy product out there and hopes to just make a quick "opening weekend" buck before the bad word of mouth spreads. Wilco/FeelThere basically pulled a fast one on everybody, and it's a shame.When a product in this price range is not given a demo, you know you're sunk. One thing is a $10 game off Steam or Xbox Live. $10 isn't that much money. But $70? And no way of try-before-you-buy?There are two other ATC simulation products out there that ARE quality products and DO have demos: London Control and ATC Simulator 2. Why do they have demos? Because the developer is not afraid of their potential customers.

Guest frozen

ATC Simulator 2 is pretty realistic for anyone wanting to learn a little about area radar, although it lacks quite a few of the realities of ATC (danger areas, airways, other controllers' traffic). But that said, it's realistic enough ;clearly someone has put some effort into the sim. I sense Wilco/FeelThere got to a point of saying 'it'll have to do' and decided to risk putting Tower Simulator on the market as was, possibly gambling that $70 would imply it was way better than it was.Well you fooled me Wilco and I'm coming to get you, warning as many people as I can about you along the way ;-)

It's quite simple. If you expect to try-before-you-buy then only buy products that offer that. If you don't then you shouldn't complain - let the buyer beware.

I am right with Paul. Thanks to the OP for the review. I will not go anywhere near TS with such awful support, let alone the poor quality of the product. I REALLY love how the only time Scoob appeared was to comment on something totally off topic. Awesome - you just lost a customer due to your poor support!And due to that poor support, I will not go anywhere near any of their products - EVER. Unless, of course, I see hundreds of rave reviews praising high quality products with excellent support.I somehow doubt that'l be happening. And that is the true purpose of a product review - to educate the masses on a purchase decision. I have made mine!

Matthew Maclauchlan