Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

L Var Switch to work LVar Gauge

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

I am try to simulated an apu, I have made the L Var switch and Gauge. I am basing it on the 737-300 apu so when you start the apu the gauge in my case a EGT goes up and stays on 400, the the switch then goes back to on.My problem is I can not get the switch to move the needle on the EGT gauge.I click the switch to start and the needle in the EGT gauge stays put.This is the switch XML(L:APU Switch, bool)APU Switch(L:APU Switch, bool) 1 - 0 max (>L:APU Switch, bool)(L:APU Switch, bool) 1 + 2 min (>L:APU Switch, bool)And this is my L Var EGT Gauge.(L:APU EGT, celsius)Also is it possible to make the needle go slowly to 400 as I am guessing that it would just go straight to 400 as fast as possible. I have tried everything I can thinks of, if{ == etc and still can not get it to work. I did have bool instead of celsius to start with but still did not work.Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

Hi, You could use enum for the switch and add something like this in the needle value:(L:APU Switch,enum) 0 > if{ (L:APU EGT,celsius) 10 + 400 min (>L:APU EGT,celsius) } els{ (L:APU EGT,celsius) 10 - 0 max (>L:APU EGT,celsius) } (L:APU EGT,celsius) Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Hello You can insert between or any value that you want.

Paul EGLD

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

I now have a switch which moves the APU EGT to 400 slowly, I remembered after posting about the delay degree per second, but thanks for posting.Thanks Jan for the idea, my Value is not as long but it work as I want it to.The problem I have now is the switch, This is how the switch should work. When you first load panel the switch should be in the OFF position, then when you want to start the APU you click it once and it goes to start then and then back to ON without you clicking. Then when you click again it goes to OFF.I can get the switch to go from OFF to Start and Start to ON and then OFF by clicking, but can not get it to go to Start and the back to ON automatically.This is the switch.(L:APU Switch, enum) if{ 2 (L:APU Switch, enum) 1 } APU Switch(L:APU Switch, enum) 0 != if{ (L:APU Switch, enum) 1 - (> L:APU Switch, enum) }(L:APU Switch, enum) 1 != if{ (APU Switch, enum) 2 + (> L:APU Switch, enum) }I have tried a few different values like this one (L:APU Switch, enum) if{ (L:APU EGT, celsius) 400 (L:APU Switch, enum) 2 } Thanks for any help.

Hi,Not tested, but should work like you want.Of course EGT has to be functional!(L:APU at startup,enum) 0 == if{ 1 (>L:APU at startup,enum) 0 (>L:APU Switch,enum) } (L:APU EGT, celsius) 400 > (L:APU Switch,enum) 2 == and if{ 1 (>L:APU Switch,enum) } (L:APU Switch,enum) APU Switch0 (> L:APU Switch,enum)2 (> L:APU Switch,enum)Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

JanHave the same problem with your code switch does not go to the on position. The EGT Gauge works as it should, needle goes from 0 to 400 so I would guess that it is functional.

Hi,Try(L:APU at startup,enum) 0 == if{ 1 (>L:APU at startup,enum) 0 (>L:APU Switch,enum) } (L:APU EGT, celsius) 200 > (L:APU Switch,enum) 2 == and if{ 1 (>L:APU Switch,enum) } (L:APU Switch,enum) This is my working code, may be you can get something useful from it:(L:aux power unit,enum) 1 == (P:Local Time, seconds) (L:apu timer,enum) > and if{ 2 (>L:aux power unit,enum) } (L:aux power unit,enum) 2 == if{ (L:apu,enum) 0 == if{ 1 (>L:apu,enum) 0 (>L:apu timer,enum) } } els{ (L:apu,enum) 1 == if{ 0 (>L:apu,enum) 0 (>L:apu timer,enum) } } (L:aux power unit,enum)APU Main Switch and Apu Door(L:aux power unit,enum) 0 == (A:Circuit general panel on,bool) (A:INDICATED ALTITUDE, feet) 35000 < (L:apu bat volts,number) 10 > (L:fha,enum) 0 == and and and and if{ (A:TAILHOOK POSITION,percent) 1 < if{ (>K:TOGGLE_TAIL_HOOK_HANDLE) } 2 (>L:767 apu,number) 1 (>L:apu sound,number) 1 (>L:aux power unit,enum) (P:Local Time, seconds) 15 + (>L:apu timer,enum) 1 (>L:switch,number) } els{ (A:TAILHOOK POSITION,percent) 0 > if{ (>K:TOGGLE_TAIL_HOOK_HANDLE) } 0 (>L:aux power unit,enum) 0 (>L:767 apu,number) 0 (>L:apu sound,number) 1 (>L:switch,number) } Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

I have now got the switch to work as I want it too.Now I have to sort another problem to sort out. To make my Gauges visible when the apu is on.I would like the gauge to come alive when the apu gen switch is on, but only if the apu is running, can get the gauges to work with the apu gen switch on, but works even if the apu is not on.Is it possible to make two var (Value's) into a visible ? so the gauge only work when the apu is running and apu gen is on, then use that visible in the gauges I would like to work when the apu is running.

Hi,Try:(L:APU generator,bool) (L:APU,bool) and or (L:APU generator,bool) (L:APU,bool) and if{ Your code }Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."