Sign in to follow this  
Guest turbojetfan

FS CTD after adding gauges

Guest AAL516

Ok, im trying to add some gauges to my level d panel via a new window and every time i add the gauges and load the aircraft, i get a CTD. I have successfully loaded the aircraft without the gauges and just the new window so i know that for some reason these gauges do dont want to load. here is the cfg in the panel. also, i was using FS panel studio and yes, those are lonny paynes gauges but im only using them for my own use. i was thinking that mabye there is some other gauge attached to those and im missing something. any help would be appreciated. im trying to add an EPR gauge to the 767 panel to make it feel more like a 757.[Window01]file=ECIAS.bmp Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=150,160window_size_ratio=1.000 position=6visible=1ident=40gauge00=Zn11!Zn11, 12,67,50,40gauge01=Zn12!Zn12, 68,67,50,40gauge02=zegt1!zegt1, 12,115,50,40gauge03=zegt2!zegt2, 68,115,50,40gauge04=ztaiL!ztaiL, 12,61,12,6gauge05=ztaiR!ztaiR, 110,61,12,6gauge06=zepr1!zepr1, 12,15,54,46gauge07=zepr2!zepr2, 68,15,54,46gauge08=ZTRPstatus!ZTRPstatus, 60,8,14,5gauge09=zreverse!zreverse, 12,4,20,7gauge10=zreverseR!zreverseR, 102,5,20,7gauge11=zeicasEGT!zeicasEGT, 58,154,15,6gauge12=zeicasN1!zeicasN1, 61,107,8,8gauge13=zeicasEPR!zeicasEPR, 58,61,15,6

Guest turbojetfan

that's me but im on a different account just wanted to add a few more things.the model is the posky 757, im on fs2004 and that's the latest version of those gauges with an update for the posky 757. also, i tried adding a few MSFS standard gauges to the window and i had no problem loading it so it's definately those gauges that somethings missing.

The procedure by which C/C++ gauges share data with one another is a little more exacting than that used by XML gauges. If a given C/C++ gauge attempts to access a variable it thinks should be available, and doesn't find it, a CTD will result. The only fix is to include in the panel the gauge which declares the variable that the other gauge is looking for.Probably not the answer you wanted to hear...Doug

Guest turbojetfan

thanks for the reply. that's what i probably thought it was but i dont have much knowledge about this. i thought it would be as simple as cutting and pasting gauges but i guess not. if this is the case then i guess i have to find whatever these gauges are looking for then...

Guest 777jockey

You have to use the LDS .air file.

>thanks for the reply. that's what i probably thought it was>but i dont have much knowledge about this. i thought it would>be as simple as cutting and pasting gauges but i guess not. if>this is the case then i guess i have to find whatever these>gauges are looking for then...Look for any of Lonny's gauges with the word "variable," "logic," (or similar) in their names. If you have Lonny's default panel to work from, look for any gauges in Window00 that get loaded first. These are typically the one's that are necessary for the other gauges to load and initialize properly.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator