Sign in to follow this  
crash_continental

Air Conditioning sound gauge

I'm trying to add air conditioning sounds to a panel. What I'd ultimately like is an invisible gauge that I could lay over the current air conditioning button (which has no sound) which would trigger an air conditioning sound. (It'd have to be .xml, or I couldn't lay it over the current .xml one)But I'll also take one that either; a) plays an air conditioning sound when the electical systems are activated, or;:( plays an air conditioning sound when the panel loads.I've done some exhaustive searching but I can't seem to come up with the right phrasing for search engines. Thanks in advance...- daniel- daniel

There is an older version of this in the library... You can set it up to play all the sounds you will ever need. Don't waste your time with the sound panning routine - it's really terrible and I will have to come up with something better...Doughttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/140315.zip

Thanks very much for this...Although I will admit that I'm having a little trouble understanding how to implement it. I just started reading the read_me files, but I'd like to clear something up.I believe with this gauge that I can somehow set a parameter that would monitor the electrical systems. Is this true?- daniel (fellow Torontonian)

All this gauge does is play sounds. The .ini file establishes a link between a sound and an L:Var. When the L:Var is assigned a value of 1, the sound will be played once. When the L:Var is assigned a value of 2, the sound will be played in a continuous loop - most likely what you are looking for for an air conditioning sound.When the value is assigned is up to the logic of your gauge. Something along the lines of "If air_conditioning_switch is on and electrical_bus is on then control_variable equals 2, else control variable equals 0" is probably what you are looking for.One suggestion - get the gauge working with the default name and location for the .ini file (dsd_xml_sound.ini in the Gauges folder) first. Once you get that far, you can think about renaming the .ini file or moving it. This approach will make it a little easier to nail down any problems you have with the thing.Doug

Ah, I think I see. So I would have to design my own gauge which would trigger a response from this gauge, correct?That would assume I knew something about programming in .xml, which I don't. Sorry if I was misleading here. What I was really looking for was gauge that could do this for me (ie; recognize the electric are on, then play the sound, OR just play the sound when the panel loads).I don't suppose this is possible, is it?- daniel

Of course it's possible, everything is possible - it only takes time that nobody has . . .

>Of course it's possible, everything is possible - it only>takes time that nobody has . . .O.....kay. Well thanks very much for this very useful elucidation on the subject, but perhaps I wasn't clear on what I was seeking. I was wondering if there was perhaps a particular GAUGE I could use, rather than a witticism. But, thanks for that anyway. :)- daniel