Sign in to follow this  
Guest ridgell

Adding switch to panel

Guest woody86

Hey guys, I downloaded the SGA/FFX MD-80 aircraft. I like using the default 737 panel with it. I noticed the Md-80 is configured for taxi lights or as the call it engine inspection lights. I was wondering how to add a switch to the 737 panel so that I could turn those lights on and off. I had a person tell me to use the extra 300 smokesytem and smoke switch gauge and place it in the md-80. And then to change the effect from smoke to whatever lighting effect I wanted, but that didn't work for me. Any Ideas...?

Guest ridgell

how involved do you want to get?do not know the md-80 pit, but do the 737-400.in the 737 panel folder you will find a bitmap of the light panel.there is room on the bottom to put a small switch. get or make a switch drawing...bitmap. add it to the bitmap in the panel folder. make a reverse drawing, for the 'on state'. then make an xml gauge...( i can write it for you ) and put the on state drawing in a folder with the xml gauge. add the folder to your gauges folder and add the gauge to the panel cfg.-----not as hard as it might sound ------a simple route would be a gauge (invisable) that runs the taxi lights according to some other state or switch..ie; plane on the ground...turn on taxi lights....in the air, turn them off.how do you want to tackle this?

Guest woody86

I am gang for either way. I don't know that much about making gauges and panels so whatever you think will work. How do you add the bitmap just copy and paste?

Guest ridgell

How do you add the bitmap just copy and paste?you use a paint program like photoshop or paintshop pro.post an email address and ill make it for you and email it.it is easier to do, then to explain:)ill include install instructions, piece of cake!

Guest woody86

K, sounds good. My email address is Woody86@gmail.com. I appreciate your help on this.

Guest cbaye

There is an excellent collection of general purpose switches called FS2002 CPT Toggles and Switches XML Gauges V1.2 by Jorge 'eko' Salas available on AVSIM and other sites. The whole collection of several hundred switches is contained available in a single zip filecptts.12.zip. The collection includes 23+ different switches and functions in many different styles to match most default aircraft types including 737. I've used a number of Jorge's switches to enhance my panels. - Chris

Guest ridgell

id look at those, but if they do not help.copy and paste the code below in note pad. name it 'taxi.xml'put it in a folder named 'taxi' and put that folder in a folder named 'gaugex' and put them into the panel folder of the aircraft that will use it.( i think that just putting a single uncabbed xml gauge in your main gauge folder might screw things up ) add this line to the panel.cfg of the aircraft. if it is the 737-400 the next line is 41, if it is another aircraft make sure the line is next in sequence. to play it safe drag and drop a copy of the 737-400 panel folder into the md-80 aircraft folder, rather then alising it. gauge41=.gaugextaxi!taxi, 10,10,10,10(A:SIM ON GROUND,bool) (A:LIGHT TAXI,bool) 0 ==; && if{ 0 (>K:TOGGLE_TAXI_LIGHTS) } (A:LIGHT TAXI,bool) (A:SIM ON GROUND,bool) 0 ==; && if{ 0 (>K:TOGGLE_TAXI_LIGHTS) } dang the check was usless as this code!....cant say AMPILL EMAIL IT,