Sign in to follow this  
Guest whitehe

widow location vs gauge location

Guest whitehe

I locate a gauge in the panel cfg at ie:400,200. I try to overlay it with a window at the 400,200 location but it is not even close. Can get there but is all trial and error. the bmp is 819 x 600 pixels Main[Window00]file=main.bmp file_1024=main.bmp size_mm=640,480window_size_ratio=1.00 position=4visible=1ident=MAIN_PANELwindow_size= 1.000, 1.000window_pos= 0.000, 0.000[Window06];file=WIND_BROWN.bmpsize_mm=55,72window_size_ratio=1.000 ;position=7visible=1ident=Wind_Speedwindow_pos=0.625,0.605gauge00=cpt.windspeed, 0,0,55,72trying to over lay this gaugegauge61=CPT.F16!Radar, 400,290,55,72the above definitions do what i want but I can't figure the locations by any math i try

Guest ridgell

not sure i understand what you want to do.the 'math'numbers ?? the 4 numbers are x,y position on the background, and the x,y dimintions within that window.i do know how to do overlays, and have a working undderstanding of the panel cfg window. rather then show code....explain in plain language what you are trying to do....perhaps i can help.if you are trying to set something ontop of gauge61=CPT.F16!Radar, 400,290,55,72 (located at 400x290 in the window, with a size of 55x72) with a different gauge, just use gauge61=cpt.windspeed, 400,290,55,72 where the radar gauge was in the panel config.if you put a gauge ontop of another gauge....you will have gauge draw conflicts....(2 gauges trying to draw something in the same space) the results depend on the respective gauge frequencies,( how often they are read) but i can pretty much garantee a mess. you can overlay a gauge by putting the overlay in a seperate window, and then have the window overlay another window...being in different windows prevents draw conflicts....example a throttle lever that moves over the top of gauges below it. the problem can be solved, but i need a better idea of what you want.

Guest whitehe

Thanks, I will start at the beginng. I wanted to put the radar panel from the Lear35p by Jorge 'eko' Salas into the convair 580 panel. that main bmp 1s 819 x 600 pixels. using paint to locate the position in bit map i get 510,356,90,95. When I put the radar gauge(gauge61) at that location it is high and right by a great deal. trial and error puts me where i want. Then trying to put the window in the gauge location it isn't right either. back to the original question. does this start with the "odd" bit map size for Main?Did some more checking all of the original gauges are of set by the same ratio.The widow overlay works well in the Lear35

Guest whitehe

I think I've got mot of the answer. the MS FS2K2 Softwre Development Kit Building Panels and Gauges; Placing Gauges has Info for start. Main file is 819 pixels file_1024=main.bmp size_mm=640,480window_size_ratio=1.00. the mm=640 and bit map of 819 and window_size ratio=1 kills us. design units go wako. Thanks for your efforts :)