Sign in to follow this  
Au MaV

VC Gunsight Retraction

Guest mike_cyul

Hi there. I'm using FSDS2.24, and trying to make a gunsight that retracts out of the way, using keyframe animation. The part has to retract towards the panel, then rotate. I've tried using the tailhook and water rudder keyframes, but although the part starts out in the right spot, nothing happens when the activating keys are pressed.The attached image shows the natural metal area of the tube that should slide into the receiving tube at the bottom. The whole gunsight then revolves to the right.Is animating parts in the VC allowed? Should I be using another keyframe animations? Am I just doing something wrong with what I've tried?Any help appreciated!Mike F.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/141840.jpg

Darn thats one nice looking gunsite :)I think your problem is there is no tailhook or waterrudder entries in the aircraft.cfg water rudder add this to the contact points sectionpoint.8=5, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0, 0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.00, 3.00, 0.05, 0, 0.0, 0.0tailhook add to the aircraft.cfg[TailHook]tailhook_length = 1tailhook_position = 0, 0, 0cable_force_adjust = 1I would prob use the water rudder as the tailhook flashs the taihook up down message in FS9 also you could use the concorde nose animation its nice and slow the only downside to it is it causes the nose.wav to play (the sound file is in the fs9/sounds folder)Wozza

Guest mike_cyul

Thanks, as ever, Wozza! :)Works fine through rudder-water-deploy, now that the .cfg has the correct entries.... I'm learning!Mike F.

Guest FelixFFDS

Wozza - the correct animation tag to have used in this case is "lav_dump_valve" ...... (you still need to add the same aircraft.cfg entries, but it's kewler to name the part lav_dump_valve that "water_rudder_deploy"):)

EEEEWWWWWW!!!!The gunsights right above the pilots lap,the smell would be horrible ;)