Sign in to follow this  
adr179

Strange behaviour of xml gauges

I know, there's always one latest solution, reinstall of the Sim, that is.My problem started hard to tell when, and that really is the main issue inthis matter, because I can't figure out when and what caused strange behaviour ofRob's Vspeed xml gauge in the PF10070 v2 aircraft/panel. When gauge is supposed to be quiet till first announcement at 80 knots it actually starts playing the warning sound at 40 knots regardless of correct or incorrect aircraft configuration that is supposed to indicate. The warning wav is played along with all other sound at correct occurences till the last condition (=gear up&locked) is executed, then everything goes off.It's not that I don't want to reinstall the Sim and risk that I won't be able to duplicatethe error, it's the curiosity of what caused the situation and knowing, how to avoid it, since if it happened to me, than it can happen also to somebody else. Anybody with a same problem? Any hints for a solution?

Hi,From your problem description, I strongly doubt whether this has anything to do with FSUIPC versions.Because FSUPIC isn't used at all in this gauge.The most common problem is that the aircraft is overweight for takeoff. (too much fuel).Try this new beta version again, and observe the Vspeed gauge before takeoff: there should be no visible (red) strings in the gauge.Cheers, Rob Barendregt

As I stated in my first post "strange behaviour", since removal of the latest version of the FSUIPC.dll was the only change I made in the Simor in the OS (XP+SP2)I logically reversed the process and the problem was gone for some time and now it's back! Same warning sound all the time. I do understand the fact that we are talkng about a gauge written in xml and at the first glance there is no connection to the FSUIPC, but there must be something hidden here.But if I got Your message right, it's the weight of the aircaraft that causes this? If that is the case then reducing the load should cure the situation, will try that as soon as possible. And You're mentioning a nev beta version of this gauge - where can I get it?Thanks for Your reply Rob, best regards . . .

Hi Andrej,Just saw your email first :-)Sorry about the misunderstanding: there is NO new (beta) version of my gauge; I was referring to the FSUIPC beta you mentioned.But whatever way:JUst before takeoff, check the display of the VSPEED gauge; if there is any reason why the alarm tone would sound when you exceed 40 knots on the takeoff run, it should be made visible in the gauge display.Rob

Well, mistery more or less solved. It really was one value that's in the gauge itself - the range of operating weights that definitely causes the gauge to produce the warning sound if out of the limits. Less solved is still a situation when the gauge cheased to produce the warning sound when FSUIPC.dll was removed from the modules folder, even if the two have no obvious interaction. I'm still "digging" into this . . .