Sign in to follow this  

Guest ScoutFlyer

I hope panel designers will look at the new RealAir Scout 2006 and its instrument movement. WOW. Instrument flight is now possible in FS9! I won't fly any other plane now. Hopefully someone else can figure out this trick.

I'm a bit confused, are you referring to their code that simulates pilot movement under G's... or are you referring to their gauges themselves?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest jgoldman

Just keep in mind that.. as long as you have simple panels with small number of gauges.. you will have very fluid gauge movements. When you start to have many gauges.. the demand on CPU increases and the fuidity will suffer, independent of the developer. :)Jim

>I hope panel designers will look at the new RealAir Scout>2006 and its instrument movement. WOW. Instrument flight is>now possible in FS9! I won't fly any other plane now.>Hopefully someone else can figure out this trick.What's to figure out? It's been known since an hour after the Spitfire was released that the VC uses XML code and 3d elements for the 'steam gauges.'

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Guys,I think this is a valid question. As Bill says above the way to create these gauges certainly is no secret and a bunch of developers on this forum and in the MSFS simming world in general know how it is done. I guess my question is, in light of that, why are we (RealAir) the only developers making gauges this way? The Spitfire's been out for nearly 18 months now, the FS2004 SDK has been out even longer. If there is a limit to the number of gauges that you can place into a panel, then the technique still works very well for GA types. The simming public has certainly been very favourable of the results.All the best,

Honestly, Sean? It's likely a case of "we've always done it this way..."Although, I the case of Eaglesoft, we are committed to providing both 2d and VC's for our customers, and simply aren't going to invest the time to create two sets of gauges, with all the problems involved with mixing C and XML code... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator