Sign in to follow this  
Au MaV

Desperately running out of resources to place effects....

Guest saturno_v

Hello everybodyI wonder if someone can help me with this problem.I'm trying to add lots of special effects to few freeware fighter jets (contrails, sonic boom, smoke etc...) but I run out of available lights (number 0-18 and type 0-10) to be triggered by XML gauges.There is a way to add effects without using the lights section?? some sort of "reserved" effects event???I was thinking adding water and wake effects to the aircraft.cfg (useless and never used for fighters anyway) and triggering them from the XML code but how can I do it?? It is doable??? Thank very much in advance for any suggestion!!! please help!!Regards

HiThe only way around this is to nest the effects into 1 effect eg:put all the nav lights into 1 effect.This means a bit of work getting the locations right,but it will free up the amount of available lights,Also you can use the smoke system and use the default effects to fire up the contrails.If you have an effect which works on the engine running you can use the EFFECTS Startup= Wozza

Guest saturno_v

Hello there thank you for answering!!That is exactly what i was thinking...using some default effects liek wake, water or startup to place my effects but how can I trigger these event (startup, wake, water, etc...) within the XML code??I know how to turn on the lights with the K:TOGGLE_.... command but how about other effects???Thanks!!

HiThe startup wake and water are hard coded these are triggered by sim conditons and cant be assigned new conditions.Wake and water will happen when a contact point hits water,startup happens when engine is started/running.The normal start up effect has a small start/finish timer so its only seen at start up,If you assign an effect that has a loop timer,then you will see it all the time when engine runing.CheersWozza