Sign in to follow this  
bcs112

2D Night panel working but well not always !

Hi guys,I have created a complete 2D panel for the A300B4 some time ago and it is missing one thing (well at least 1 thing ;)): nice night visuals.So I started working on that last week and here is my set-up:- standard main-panel bitmap- gauge00: contains a black (0,0,0) static image and 1 icon with night-light bitmap. The places where the other gauges (dials, switches, etc...) are lay-out on top are "black holes" (0,0,0 again) in the bitmap.- The other gauges are layered on top of gauge00 and the gauges that includes dials have a black static with only the dials, needles etc... showingI have 2 switches on the overhead, 1 switches on the FS PANEL_LIGHTS, the other uses an exported variable and is used to turn on the lights of the dials (LIGHT_IMAGE) and the night-lighting big gauge.Now this is how it works, when the internal variable is set to "on" the dials will use the LIGHT_IMAGE(pelement) function and the big background gauge will use SHOW_IMAGE + LIGHT_IMAGE. The big gauge will use HIDE_IMAGE when the internal variable is "off" or when PANEL_LIGHTS is turned "on".Without the big background gauge this all works perfectly but with the big background gauge strange things start to happen. The first 2 or 3 times the lights (internal) are turned on and off, everything looks OK but the 3 or 4th time gauges start disappearing, parts of the night textures keep showing even though the lights are turned off, gauge bitmaps are updated partly, etc... it is only when I turn on the FS PANEL_LIGHTS that things are OK again.What's happening here and more importantly how can I solve this problem ?Thanks for the help,Bj

simcheck_sig_banner_devteam.jpg

Bj

Fixed it myself... sort of. I now turn on the PNALE_LIGHTS for half a second each time the panel lights are turned on or off. This forces FS to redraw all the guages but it looks at bit silly.Bj

simcheck_sig_banner_devteam.jpg

Bj