Sign in to follow this  

Gentlemen ,I need to know how to do a VS gauging with increment and decrement of 50 ft at each click.Someone told me that is impossible to do that in FS9 , but 737PIC AP vertical speed works this way , until 1000ft altitude at each click the VS change with increments of 50 ft and vice-versa .Also ,DF737 works same way .I need the help from you gurus.Thanks and regardsAlberto Kunzel

Hi,Try to use a (L:Var) with increments of 50 feet and incorporate that in the (>K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH) command. Make it usable between 0 and 1000 feet etc.So, not tested!!"Down":(A:indicated altitude,feet) 1000 < if{ (L:vert speed,number) 50 - -6000 max (>L:vert speed,number)(L:vert speed,number) (>K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH) } els{ (L:vert speed,number) 100 - -6000 min (>L:vert speed,number)(L:vert speed,number) (>K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH) }and"Up":(A:indicated altitude,feet) 1000 < if{ (L:vert speed,number) 50 + 6000 min (>L:vert speed,number)(L:vert speed,number) (>K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH) } els{ (L:vert speed,number) 100 + 6000 min (>L:vert speed,number)(L:vert speed,number) (>K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH) }Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Hi,You need to use a Local Var to control the increment.Something like this:*VS UP*(L:AP Vertical Speed,feet per minute) 50 + 6000 mind (>L:AP Vertical Speed,feet per minute)(>K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH)*VS DOWN*(L:AP Vertical Speed,feet per minute) 50 - -6000 maxd (>L:AP Vertical Speed,feet per minute)(>K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH)And in the MCP use(L:AP Vertical Speed,feet per minute)to read VS valueHope this helpsTom

Gentlemen ,Thanks for your help , but I think that I did some mistake , as the gauging did not work . Please see below .%((A:indicated altitude, feet) 0 max )%!05.0f!%((A:vert speed,ft/min) d 0 < if{ '-' } els{ '+' } )%!s!%( abs )%!04.0f!(A:indicated altitude, bool) (A:Autopilot master, bool)(A:indicated altitude, feet) 100 - 0 max (>K:AP_ALT_VAR_SET_ENGLISH)(A:indicated altitude, feet) 100 + (>K:AP_ALT_VAR_SET_ENGLISH)(A:Indicated Altitude, feet)1000 < if{(L:vert speed,number)50 - -6000 max(L:vert speed,number)(L:vert speed , number) (K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH)}els{(L: vert speed,number)100 - - 6000 min(L:vert speed,number)(L:vert speed,number)(K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH)}(A:Indicated Altitude, feet)1000 < if{(L:vert speed,number)50 + 6000 max(L:vert speed,number)(L:vert speed , number) (K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH)}els{(L: vert speed,number)100 + 6000 min(L:vert speed,number)(L:vert speed,number)(K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH)} If anyone could tell me what is wrong I would appreciate .RegardsAlberto Kunzel

Hi, A lot!Watch spaces and text.Here a rewrote of the vs clicks(A:Indicated Altitude, feet) 1000 < if{ (L:vert speed,number) 50 - -6000 max (>L:vert speed,number) (L:vert speed,number) (K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH) } els{ (L:vert speed,number) 100 - -6000 max (>L:vert speed,number) (L:vert speed,number) (K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH) } (A:Indicated Altitude, feet) 1000 < if{ (L:vert speed,number) 50 + 6000 min (>L:vert speed,number) (L:vert speed,number) (K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH) } els{ (L:vert speed,number) 100 + 6000 min (>L:vert speed,number) (L:vert speed,number) (K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH) }Your altitude hold code is wrong also,should be (AUTOPILOT_ALTITUDE_LOCK,bool)May be more wrong but try first these ones.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Hi Jan ,I tried to correct the errors but I could not to have the gauging working , I am getting syntax errors which I could not find .I already tried to change the click text , where appear the syntax error but all try failed .Regards ,Alberto Kunzel

Hi,Show whole gauge code again and i will do some testing when i am free.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Hi,%((A:indicated altitude,feet) 0 max)%!05.0f!%((A:vert speed,ft/min) 0 <)%{if}-%{else}+ %((AUTOPILOT_VERTICAL_HOLD_VAR,ft/min))%!04f!(A:AUTOPILOT ALTITUDE LOCK,bool)(A:AUTOPILOT MASTER,bool)Decrease Alt(>K:AP_ALT_VAR_DEC)Increase Alt(>K:AP_ALT_VAR_INC)Decrease VS(A:Indicated Altitude, feet) 1000 < if{ (L:vert speed,number) 50 - -6000 max (>L:vert speed,number) (L:vert speed,number) (K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH) } els{ (L:vert speed,number) 100 - -6000 max (>L:vert speed,number) (L:vert speed,number) (K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH) } Increase VS(A:Indicated Altitude, feet) 1000 < if{ (L:vert speed,number) 50 + 6000 min (>L:vert speed,number) (L:vert speed,number) (K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH) } els{ (L:vert speed,number) 100 + 6000 min (>L:vert speed,number) (L:vert speed,number) (K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH) }Changed some clickspots and tooltips.Also the altitude change and ap master code.And the vert speed readout.Just try again,Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Jan ,When trying with EditX 4.3 to do the XML file I got a Syntax error in line 94 , see below .(A:Indicated Altitude,feet)1000L:vert speed,number)(L:vert speed,number)(K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH)}els{(L:vert speed,number)100 - -6000 max(>L:vert speed,number)(L:vert speed,number)(K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH)} RegardsAlberto Kunzel

>Jan ,>>When trying with EditX 4.3 to do the XML file I got a Syntax>error in line 94 , see below .>>>(A:Indicated Altitude,feet)1000{(L:vert speed,number)50 - -6000 max(>L:vert>speed,number)(L:vert>speed,number)(K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH)}els{(L:vert>speed,number)100 - -6000 max(>L:vert speed,number)(L:vert>speed,number)(K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH)} >> Your problem is that bloody editor! It's removing the spaces necessary and crippling the code!Use Wordpad.exe or Notepad.exe instead, and save yourself a LOT of headaches... ;)(A:Indicated Altitude,feet) 1000 ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi,What you show here is obvious wrong; all those spaces!But that is not the way i wrote it.May be a fault with copiing??(A:Indicated Altitude,feet) 1000 < if{ (L:vert speed,number) 50 - -6000 max (>L:vert speed,number) (L:vert speed,number) (K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH) } els{ (L:vert speed,number ) 100 - -6000 max (>L:vert speed,number) (L:vert speed,number) (K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH) } Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Hi Jan ,Really I don't know where is my mistake .Could you send me the xml file edited by you ?Sorry to ask this for you but I don't know what to do anymore.RegardsAlberto Kunzel

I just told you... ;)Don't use that "XML Editor" that wasn't intended for gauge work.Use either wordpad.exe or notepad.exe, and copy/paste the code directly from here into the whichever one you use.Save the file as MyGaugeName.xml and it will be fine... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator