Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vorlin

Texture Blurry in Gauge XML

Guest Baumgarten

Hello Guys, this is my first post in avsim forum, but i

Guest Vorlin

Was the HDG resized before being placed? Is it being displayed at full resolution or is it being resized by the gauge? These things can have that effect.Also, sometimes I get blurries when using a bmp that isn't being resized and I can find no reason for it... but I'm able to correct it by making the bmp (in this case HDG) 3x larger than needed and then having the code set it's size in the gauge to be smaller.That's right, it seems to be that sometimes resizing it makes it worse, sometimes it makes it better. If we stopped to wonder why for every oddity like this in making gauges, we'd never get anything done!Good luck,Scott / Vorlin

Guest Baumgarten

Vorlin, Thanks for you Answer, but i belive that i was not clear sufficiently to you understand my problem, please check the Airspeed Strip, that runs to top and botton acoording the airspeed, can you see the problem now? see all the imagens that was putting in front of the eadi and you will that all of theirs is kind of blurry with some black lines on the sides..About the HDG, yes it was resied but i

Hi,Are that 8 bits images?Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Try to reduce the color depth from 24 to 8 bit in your paint program and see if results are better.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest Vorlin

Oh, fixing that's no problem. I'd have a much harder time getting the HDG bmp to be crisp!An easy way, but one that isn't always practical, is to handle the undesired black lines in the same way you handle stray pixels in a transparency. First, it might be easiest to open the colormap for the offending image and see what the next highest color just above #000000. Sometimes, if you aren't using #010101 or #020202 already, you can simply change it to #000000 in the map... but back up your original before doing this in case it makes something you wanted black turn transparent.A slightly more tedious method is to change the mode to rgb, then do a color swap from #000000 to something odd like bright pink. The offending pixels will stand out and be easy to see. Simply paint them bright pink, then reverse the swap back to return pink pixels to #000000.*******IMPORTANT NOTE: When doing any color swaps like this, you need to set the threshold to ZERO. If you don't, then anything close to balck will be turned to pink as well.... not good. Because of the need for a tight threshold, this method isn't very good when working with images from photos because real life is never one solid color.Good luck,Scott / Vorlin