Sign in to follow this  
Staffan

FS11 release hint and animated people too!

Guest matt4567

So, They are focusing on performance? That's gotta be good news.Hope this new laptop I bought will be able to run it. I probably will need a upgrade though. It is microsoft after all :(

>Yeah. Totally cool. Thats what is really missing in FS.>>Who needs a working ATC, good flight dynamics, a functioning>weather system and all that stuff.>>Waving people we need.>>Looking at all the rave about new cloud and ground textures>I'm wondering if the community just gets what it deserves.>>AlexHello AlexI don't think this is a rant.All views should be aired not just the AWESOME! type posts.Well done Sircheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

If "waving people" could be turned into an intelligent marshaller that waved the appropriate signals, I'd see that as a bonus. But then, the first thing I said when I heard about birds in FSX was "Ooh good - birdstrikes!". I'd still like to see bird strikes (or bunny strikes...) causing realistic damage (engine problems, affected aerodynamic handling, obscured vision etc). Come to that, better handling for something as "mundane" as a nose gear failure, rather than that horrible 2000ft bounce!Course I'd still like to see the "proper" sim stuff - ATC not vectoring you into mountains, or zig-zagging you till the pax are sick, declared emergencies, transit/service denials, region-based services (RIS/RAS/FIS etc) rather than global flight following, region-based transition altitudes, support for low level Class A airspace, terrain-following runways, more configurable units (miles & millibars) etc etc... ;-)

Guest Heimi77

I thought they wanted to write a complete new engine for FS11.The TS2 screens look like a bit pimped FSX, but not FS11 :).I`m hoping FS11 will be the milestone which FSX is not.The only reason for all the people buying FSX was the preview screens. But only few people can do such screens, and only with a bit help of photoshop.I think we would all agree to wait 1 or 2 years more than planned for a new MSFS. But then with all the features we are waiting for so long.-Actual avionics/navigation (FMS????)-Of course up to date graphicsand all other features wanted by the customers since years.

Guest nehuge

I just hope FS11 will have a tileproxy equivalent but use autogen...hate that flat crap.

Guest Jimbofly

My one and only request, Phil, is that the user has a bit more control of being able to switch off or on certain features, i.e. Having a checkbox for "Animated Characters" instead of making it part of a broader selection which would also affect other settings. Having very specific controls for each item may be a lot but you could have two setup types, one for casual users and another for "power" users, and that would also reduce the amount of time people spend tweaking their FS11.cfg files etc.Generally though I'm amazed at how good a product FSX is, and my mind actually boggles at the amount of detail that the humble PC is able to process in a relatively convincing manner that actually mimics reality quite well considering the limitations present.Thanks Phil for being as patient as you have been - I probably would've quit a long time ago!James

Uh Jim...he DID quit.Phil Taylor has left Microsoft to go work for Intel.bthttp://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/Sometimes you run across an opportunity that is so big, so cool, that you just have to take it.Intel has offered me a position on the Larrabee team helping deliver the Larrabee launch titles.

>I thought they wanted to write a complete new engine for>FS11.>The TS2 screens look like a bit pimped FSX, but not FS11 :).>I`m hoping FS11 will be the milestone which FSX is not.If rumours are correct, FS11 will not be compatible with anything released for earlier FS versions. It will have a completely new graphic/platform engine. As far as I understand TS2 will use some of the comming stuff that FS11 will have.That means that all addon developers have to start fresh from scratch with completely new techniques.This is certainly not a bad thing, since there is no point in trying to make earlier addons compatible to the cost of performance.FSX is just a bad example of compromises. It is better with "all or nothing" IMHO. ;-)

Staffan[/font size]

http://www.scandicair.com/images/banner_sa_2008_s.gifFlightsimmer since 1987Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 3,33GHz FSB 1333MHz LGA775, Asus P5Q Intel P45 ATX DDR2 PC6400 800MHz 4096MB, Asus Nvidia Geforce 9800GTX+ 512MB DirectX 9.0c, W XP Home with SP3, E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"Samsung 750GB SATA HDD 8MB, Samsung 250GB ATA , Maxtor 120GB ATA, All 7200rpmLacie 250Gb Extern HD, Cooler Master ATX Chassis, 550W Power supplyBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan