Sign in to follow this  
Guest iholrf

Calling all Aircraft Designers

HiNow I know these types of posts don't get many reply's, but its worth a try.I'm currently building an airfield that twice a year (on a particular date) is going to have an airshow, marquees, food trucks, stalls, etc, etc. What I would be greatful of is any aircraft designers who could donate Gmax aircraft models I could use as Static displays. Poly count not important as I can reduce them. I thought in front of each aircraft donated, I could place a information board, on it would be the authors name of the particular aircraft and some info on that aircraft.The reason i'm asking for this is it will save a lot of time for me building each aircraft, and can concentrate on the scenery itself.For example I built a Phantom, took me 2 weeks, I seem to have trouble building things with curves. Whereas buildings etc, I can build in a few minutes.This will be a freeware scenery.Heres some aircraft I would like.Hawker HunterFolland GnatEnglish Electric LightingRed Arrows HawkSpitfireHurricaneAvro VulcanHandley Page VictorTornadoEurofighterShorts TucanoF15F16Jet ProvostMirageAvro LancasterThanks I'll keep my fingers crossed.Stevo ;-)

StevoAllowing that all the above aircraft are outthere somewhere.Some hintsAFCAD , AI , Weekly , No Mip MapsTassie Devil

Hi,Thanks for the hints.I dont really want to use Afcad or use the aircraft as AI, I want them to be static only and reasonably low poly, with engine covers, information boards about the aircraft, and rope barriers around each one. Just like an airshow ;-)I also dont really want the end user to have to download loads of different aircraft.Cheersstevo ;-)

"I also dont really want the end user to have to download loads of different aircraft."O.K. I understand now where you are heading.Would you have a problem with Low Poly modelswhen people got up close to read the informationboards ??

Guest iholrf

There are tons of freeware models on the ffds website:http://www.freeflightdesign.com/Including all of Milton Shupe and crews stuff.Some are 2002 and need rescaling, but that should be no problem if you also know how to strip polysCheersShad