Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vorlin

G-Limiter XML gauge

Guest vcom

Hello all!I would like to make one gauge (XML) that always limited "G" force in 1G. In any maneuver the airplane will have to remain in 1G. How would be the logic of this gauge?Thanks a lot!Ernest.

As far as I know, this is just... impossible. I am not an expert in flight dynamics, but I know that when an aircraft climbs, the rotation on the pitch axis (induced by the elevators) necessarily induces a load factor greater than 1G. It may be very short if you stabilize the climb quickly, but it happens. It is the same for descent. And if you're in climb and you put your aircraft in descent, there is a good probability that you get close to 0G. I did it in a real aircraft to simulate no gravity for 1 second or 2, very funny...In addition, the aircraft necessarily takes more than 1G when it banks to turn.Hope this helps...Eric

Guest Vorlin

Are you trying to keep things stable in an airliner? If so, look at your goal differently.It's unbelievably complicated, in any event. First, you have to make it so that it can be turned on and off (which is easy) because you don't want it disrupting climbouts and approach descents.Second, you can never totally limit it but you can try to emulate the autopilot functions that limit max change to the controls. To do that, you need to use variables to store what the controls are set at and then compare them to what they were at some point in the past... perhaps 1/2 second. If the difference is more than the max, the gauge changes the stick position so that the motion is limited to the max delta rate (max rate of change).That's the basic idea. Even then, it'd be a bear to get it below 1.3 or 1.4G . The idea is simple... but so is the idea to send a man to Mars. All you have to do is move him from where he is located now in a way that places him on Mars. See how simple that idea is?Making it a reality is something else entirely. Your idea isn't nearly that tough, but it's still a really complicated undertaking.Good luck,Scott / Vorlin