Sign in to follow this  
Guest iholrf

Squashed panels?

I've been running into a problem with some panels that I've downloaded in that they appear "squashed". If I go to the menu and re-select the aircraft then they are in normal proportions. Is there a fix for this?I have FS Panel Studio but re-saving the panel has no effect :(Here's a couple of screen shots of what I mean.Any help on this is appreciated, it's too annoying to have to reload the plane to get the panel to look right. Thanks.http://members.shaw.ca/alky/squashed.jpghttp://members.shaw.ca/alky/squashed2.jpgGeorge "Alky

Guest iholrf

I think you have run into a bug in FS in where if you load a plane from the menu while in flight it does not fully reset the parameters. One way to test this is choose a plane that has both landing gear and pontoons, then load up the gear version, take off, select the pontoon version while in flight and then go land on water...*crash and burn*still thinks its a gear version.Always load a plane from the flight planer.CheersShadPS the black area behind the squashed panel is there to help the sim not have to render everything behind the panel and helps with the AA line.

Actually this is the default Cessna that loads when you start FS9. The only difference is the downloaded/installed custom panel. I didn't load the plane, it just comes up by itself in FS9. In order to make the panel look normal, I have to "re-load" it from the menu, then it looks like the second pic.>I think you have run into a bug in FS in where if you load a>plane from the menu while in flight it does not fully reset>the parameters.George "Alky

Guest iholrf

yeah, same sort of thing is happening.. the sim is using the panel and view aspect ratios and dimensions stored in the default flight's save file. Change the default so this does not happen when you load up. Use say the beech... pop into sim the with the beech.. save the flight by typing semicolon ";" and save it as default.Restart the sim and then the beech should be the default plane... load up the cessna and the problem "should" go away.Let me know how it goes.Hi from CYOW

As a work-around, that did fix the annoyance factor :)Thanx.>Use say the beech... pop into sim>the with the beech.. save the flight by typing semicolon ";">and save it as default.>>Restart the sim and then the beech should be the default>plane... load up the cessna and the problem "should" go away.>>Let me know how it goes.>>Hi from CYOW>>George "Alky

Guest iholrf

if you save back to the cessna it should no longer squish