I have a plane with wing views in FS9. I sent a copy of my panel.cfg and all of the bmp's to a friend. I can see the wing and engine views and he cannot using my panel.cfg. All he sees through the windows are the outside scenery. We are both using the same exact plane model too. What would prevent the wing views from being seen on his setup? We are both running ATI high end cards with the latest drivers. Thanks, regards, Bob.

One possibility is an obscure fs9.cfg setting in the GRAPHICS section. If SEE_SELF=0, have your friend change that to SEE_SELF=1 and restart the sim.-John

Hi John. Thanks. I remember that one now. I thought it was a setting in the drop down listing for options or settings but could not find it. We'll try it. Best regards, Bob.

YOU ARE THE MAN!!! Thanks. I set mine to 0 and No Wing Views. I have not been able to contact him yet to tell him how to fix it. He'll really be happy! Best regards, Bob.

Hi again John. Unfortunately that was not it in his case. He already had it set to 1. When I reset mine to 0 it sure eliminated the wing views. I thought for sure that was his problem. Any other suggestions? It has us stumped. Thanks, regards, Bob.

Even if the aircraft has no VC, have your friend switch to VC mode and pan around. If he can see the wings, then something in his aircraft.cfg or the way he installed your panel update is amiss or different than yours. If he can't see the wings, quite possibly the aircraft isn't the exact same one as yours. I'd like to see some small screenshots of your wing views.-John

Hi. Thanks. I'll ask him to do that as soon as I can contact him. I am almost sure it's the same plane. Here are some of the wingshots I made myself for my own use. They are for my own use and not to be used for sale. Regards, Bob.

Thanks for your help John. It turns out he was using a model that had no wing views. Once he set it to the one with wing views in the model all was well. Best regards, Bob.