Sign in to follow this  
tunnelcat

On a lighter note, some advice please?

Hi Kim,I actually wrote SpiraPaint on my Win98SE cpu. It's been tested on 98SE (of course), XP and Vista. If you visit my website, I've updated SpiraPaint as of 11/1 to include support for up to eight wheels. I don't think anything like that has ever been done before, though there's some three wheel web applets drifting about on the web. I've thrown in a lot of other improvements, such as a "Slideshow" feature and a way to seed the Random image generator to add some extra variety to the pictures.I was reflecting on one of the images the program generated the other day and realized how cool it would look as "cabin art" on some of the biz jets out there for the sim. You can load any standard bitmap into Spirapaint and generate an image right on top of it (such as a cabin bulkhead texture). Regards,Johnhttp://members.cox.net/cactus521

Hi John,Just came across this and got it. My brother and I as kids had a couple of big spirograph sets and we'd spend hours (at least seemed like hours) making cool designs. Putting it on the computer was a great idea. My four year old daughter Sophie and I had a blast with it tonight. I don't know which one of us liked it better, her... or me. Thanks.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Thanks a lot for your comments Zane....I posted an updated zip this morning (11/4). It adds a checkbox to aid the random feature in choosing wheel parameters that generate a picture that fills the screen. By default the random feature will now only choose positive wheel values and generate consistently large pictures, but by checking the box that can be overridden and random will choose positive or negative wheel values. It was an issue nagging me for a while, and rather than eliminate negative values and the smaller pictures sometimes generated I added the checkbox to offer the user a choice.Regards,John

John,Thanks for the answer. I'm going to be using your program on both of my systems, but I have more free time with the older 98SE computer to tinker with SpiraPaint. It looks like a lot of fun. I might just play with it for old times sake too.Hopefully someone who is strong in creating liveries will use the artwork from your program. Maybe I'll even try delving into aircraft painting, looks like fun. I might just call my first creation 'Veritgo Air', which describes the way I sometimes end up flying in FS! :-erksKim

I wanted to post another update to the thread. I have updated my homepage (Cactus ArtWare) and added links to the sister program to SpiraPaint!, MirrorArt!. MirrorArt! might be even more suited for creating VA logos and cabin art vs. SpiraPaint. Moreover, for forum members with small children, MirrorArt has always been the more popular of my two drawing programs. It's been used to teach quite a few children how to paint. I wanted to get it online before the holidays and I am very happy to have achieved that small goal. Also, SpiraPaint is up to version 1.81 now. If it's been a while since you've downloaded it, quite a bit has been added and the UI has also been cleaned up so it's easier to work with the new features.I've enjoyed posting to this thread, but I am still waiting for one of our members to post a repaint using a logo generated by my efforts.Regards,John