Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

How to compress to CAB ?

Hi.I have some BMP and XML files that i want to copress to one CAB fileHow can i do it ?Thank's

Guest Vorlin

cabpck14.zipwhich isCab Pack EXEWhere? I honestly can't remember but it's pretty common. There are other ways to compress to cab, like Imploder, but I've had issues with FS9 being unable to read some Cab files and cabpack has been the most reliable for me.Scott / Vorlin

Why not use the CAB utility the FS Developers use? It's available at the MSFS support website.http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimul..._sdk.asp#cabdirA 0.23 second search at http://google.com found the link... :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

........ORPut the files into a folder. Name the folder the same as the cab file name you want. Find cabdir.exe in the main FS9 root folder. I copy this to another more convenient folder, as this is where the cab file will be generated. Open the folder containing cabdir.exe. Now click and hold on the folder containg your files and drag over the top of cabdir.exe untill it turns blue. Let go and the cab file will be generated in the same folder as the cabdir.exe.A lot of words for a very simple procedure.cheers,nick

Why cabbing?Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

I ain't believing this s***!!! I've been sitting here for two hours trying to get this darn cabdir.exe to work. Changing directories, and typing in a long path to get to the subfolder under the panel that had my gauges in it. I kept getting this error: must specify a wild card, directory or cab file with destination.When I finally decided that I couldn't have been the only one that's had this problem I searched here and man, that works like a charm. Dragging and dropping. Couldn'd be simpler than that. Actually, it put the .cab file in the panel folder just like it's supposed to do when you do it from the command prompt. Sure wish I'd looked here a couple hours ago. Thanks!

>When I finally decided that I couldn't have been the only one>that's had this problem I searched here and man, that works>like a charm. Dragging and dropping. Couldn'd be simpler than>that. Actually, it put the .cab file in the panel folder just>like it's supposed to do when you do it from the command>prompt. Sure wish I'd looked here a couple hours ago. >Thanks!If you want the ultimate in convenience, here's how to make it very seamless:1) Rightclick on cabdir.exe and SendTo Desktop as Shortcut, naming it something like "MakeCAB."2) Drag the new Shortcut from the ..Desktop folder to the SendTo folder.From now on, to "CAB" anything, simply select the folder name in Explorer, right click and SendTo "MakeCAB."Your new CAB file will appear in the same folder... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator