Sign in to follow this  
BIGSKY

12 years later, Feds address center tank fuel explosion

Guest zacharace

Hmm, about time ;)

Guest nihongo

I honestly think it is pure hogwash. There has never been fuel tank explosion 'problems' before or after the TWA800 incident. It was a hard one to prove and I think they couldn't make the case. If aviation engineers were pulled in to a court to decide if the NTSB were correct or not, I know what they would say.

"I honestly think it is pure hogwash. There has never been fuel tank explosion 'problems' before or after the TWA800 incident. It was a hard one to prove and I think they couldn't make the case. If aviation engineers were pulled in to a court to decide if the NTSB were correct or not, I know what they would say."Without citing ANY of the conspiracy sites that want to blame TWA-800 on big bad guys in black suits, why don't you share your expertise in this matter? Since you know what the engineers would say you seem well qualified to explain this to us. I know of at least two other instances in my lifetime where it appears Boeings were involved in fuel tank explosions, both before TWA-800:- 1963 - Boeing 707 - Pan Am (lightning strike, recommendations regarding fuel vapor similar to TWA 800)- 1990 - Boeing 737-300 - Philippine Airlines 143While the engineering behind aviation is incredibly safe, I for one am really po'd it took twelve years for safety measures to be taken after TWA-800. No doubt I suspect distractions vs. conspiracy theories helped continue the risk far longer than it should have, and since it will take years to implement the "fix", the risk will be there for some time to come.Regards,John

Guest bstolle

There is no risk. As soon as it became obvious that fuel tank explosions occured, ADs etc... were issued.Presently, if this 'risk' exists due to design limitations, a certain amount of fuel has to remain in the centertank.This new 'device' is simply a different way in tackling the problem.BTW, the first fuel tank explosion occured already back in the 50s on a KC-135. RegardsBernt Capt 767

Zoom Climbs dont happen:-roll

It pivoted around the CG,just like witnesses observed.The emperor has new clothes:-lol

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”