Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eugen

Visual Studio 2005 Express setup

Guest Eugen

Hello CommunityI tried to set up Visual Studio 2005 but I get the following error for the sample gauge included in the SDK. Anyone managed to get it to work ?BrgdsEugen SDK.cc:documents and settingsetmy documentsvisual studio 2005projectsgaugessampleSDK.FlightMap.c(152) : warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatchc:documents and settingsetmy documentsvisual studio 2005projectsgaugessampleSDK.FlightMap.c(358) : warning C4996: 'strcpy' was declared deprecated Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'Linking... Creating library Release/Sample.lib and object Release/Sample.expSDK.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__wsprintfA referenced in function _temperature_string_cb@4SDK.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__LineTo@12 referenced in function _FlightMapCallback@12SDK.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__MoveToEx@16 referenced in function _FlightMapCallback@12SDK.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__Ellipse@20 referenced in function _FlightMapCallback@12SDK.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__Polygon@12 referenced in function _FlightMapCallback@12SDK.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__Rectangle@20 referenced in function _FlightMapCallback@12SDK.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SelectObject@8 referenced in function _FlightMapCallback@12SDK.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetStockObject@4 referenced in function _FlightMapCallback@12Release/Sample.gau : fatal error LNK1120: 8 unresolved externalsBuild log was saved at "file://c:Documents and SettingsetMy DocumentsVisual Studio 2005ProjectsGaugessampleReleaseBuildLog.htm"Sample - 9 error(s), 2 warning(s)========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Guest Vorlin

SDK.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbolSDK.obj is the object file of your project, which it's thinking you named "SDK". It's created when you create a new project from existing code.From the look of it, you didn't create the new project from existing code so it never created the support files that it needs. This looks like a linking error to me... This is my guess. Also, did you set yourself up with the newest SDK's for C++?Scott / Vorlin

>Hello Community>>I tried to set up Visual Studio 2005 but I get the following>error for the sample gauge included in the SDK. Anyone managed>to get it to work ?I use it, it works fine. However, you have to know what to include into your build.>SDK.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol>__imp__wsprintfA referenced in function>_temperature_string_cb@4wsprintf isn't being included into your build. I believe it might be constained in the wchar.h file... >SDK.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol>__imp__LineTo@12 referenced in function _FlightMapCallback@12LineTo is an original Windows graphics rendering call. It would only be available in the windows.h file. >SDK.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol>__imp__MoveToEx@16 referenced in function>_FlightMapCallback@12Same as the LineTo error.>SDK.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol>__imp__Ellipse@20 referenced in function>_FlightMapCallback@12Same as the LineTo error.>SDK.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol>__imp__Polygon@12 referenced in function>_FlightMapCallback@12Same as the LineTo error.>SDK.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol>__imp__Rectangle@20 referenced in function>_FlightMapCallback@12Same as the LineTo error.>SDK.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol>__imp__SelectObject@8 referenced in function>_FlightMapCallback@12Same as the LineTo error.>SDK.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol>__imp__GetStockObject@4 referenced in function>_FlightMapCallback@12Same as the LineTo error.>Release/Sample.gau : fatal error LNK1120: 8 unresolved>externalsSummary error statement based on the above errors... nothing more.Did you follow the instructions at the MSDN web site for adding the ability to create Windows console applications? VC++ 2005 Express doesn't default to supporting the creation and you have a lot of changes to make before it will.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest Vorlin

Ok, ignore what I said and listen to Ed. I'm still trying to learn C for anything more than a console application.Scott / Vorlin