Sign in to follow this  
Guest iholrf

System Time

Guest rkruijer

Hi,Is it possible to set system time from within an XML Gauge?Purpose: When I start FS9 or load a flight the clock in the panel shows the wrong time. I would like to make a button to set that to real time, local or zulu.Thanks for your help.Roelof

Guest bartels

From a C gauge you can useKEY_CLOCK_SECONDS_ZEROKEY_CLOCK_HOURS_SETKEY_CLOCK_MINUTES_SETe.g. on aircraft load. These keys are also available in XML,but where do you get the current time? My FS starts always with the current time, there are of course differences if a flight is (re)loaded or the sim rate is changed. Something in Option->General Settings (can' give you the English names, I have a German language version).

Guest rkruijer

>From a C gauge you can use>>KEY_CLOCK_SECONDS_ZERO>KEY_CLOCK_HOURS_SET>KEY_CLOCK_MINUTES_SET>>e.g. on aircraft load. These keys are also available in>XML,but where do you get the current time? >My FS starts always with the current time, there are of course>differences if a flight is (re)loaded or the sim rate is>changed. Something in Option->General Settings (can' give you>the English names, I have a German language version).>Thanks ArneThere are according to the sdk a few like you mentioned:A:ZULU TIME,hour) Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)(A:LOCAL TIME,hour) Local timeand key varsCLOCK_HOURS_SET Sets hour of dayCLOCK_MINUTES_SET Sets minutes of the hourZULU_HOURS_SET Sets hours, zulu timeZULU_MINUTES_SET Sets minutes, in zulu time I'll have a look and see what they do.>XML,but where do you get the current time? From the system I guess?Roelof

Guest Vorlin

The clock in the sim displays the time of day that the sim is set for, not what the real time is where you are. If you need a real clock in front of you then you could create another clock gauge that has both sim time and sim time +/- 'X' Hours, where X can be set by the user. This clock would be like a travel clock, that has both home and local times for people who travel a lot.Scott / Vorlin

""The clock in the sim displays the time of day that the sim is set for, not what the real time is where you are""Actually FS shows the current time zone of where the aircraft is positioned at any moment, and its ZULU (GMT) equivalent.Now, how is this time calculated? It depends of what is selected in SETTINGS GENERAL. When the default flight is first loaded or a new flight is created, current time can be: 1)System time is selected .-LOCAL= your computer clock, ZULU = will depend of the part of the world the aircraft is. For example, ifyou start at Seattle, Zulu would be Local + 7, and if you start at Heathrow, Zulu would be the same as Local. This relationship cannot be altered, so whenever you modify any of them, the other updates too.2)Fligh time is selected. LOCAL = the time that was last saved on the default flight, or the current time of your last flight. ZULU = its GMT equivalent.When a saved flight other than the default is loaded, local time will be the current one at the moment the flight was saved. Hope this was clear enough :-)Tom

Fair warning, none of those variables are reliable.As example, if you have FS to load it's default flight at KSEA and then tell it to load at an airport in Europe... after loading into the sim you will find that both local and zulu time as well as the sim's 'current' date are all incorrect.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest iholrf

I agree with what Tom and Ed said.The only way to ensure the correct time is on a fresh start of FS using the default airport. The minute you change the time is relative to where it was and will show the oppropriate ofset. If you exit the sim you will notice that no time has passed (if you are like me and reset the time first before launching into a flight).The clock will be system time irrespective of the location of the default airport, it will reset it only if you load an in-flight saved game.The sim time will also barf a lot crossing time zones and it may suddenly get light when it was once dark even though the time is the same...A few bugs the sim has, but there are ways around them.CheersShad